Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ashton Pound

Options
  • 09-05-2010 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Does anybody know the process on adopting a dog from the pound. I saw a dog on dogsindistress who seems to be exactly what I am looking for. It says that her "date out" is tomorrow but I am not sure what is the best way to go about it. I, unfortunately am off the road for a few days due to car problems so what should I do. Should I phone pound and ask them to hold on to her or wait and hope that dogsindistress get her out, Any advice would be great as I am new to this

From DID website
    Name: Madeliene

Reference Number:

Sex: Female

Located: Ashton Pound

Found:

Date Out: 9th May 2010

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭namurt

I know you said you've no transport at the moment but it's not far from Ashtown train station so I would recommend calling out in person. You would really need to meet the dog before you could make a decision. Apart from that you will probably find it impossible to get them on the phone and/or to get any useful information from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Ashton does not do bookings over the phone, you will need to go up there in person and fill in a form to apply for the dog. As "namurt" said, the train station is not too far from the pound so you could get the train and walk from there. Dogs in Distress have nothing to do with dogs being homed from the pound, they only deal with dogs they take out.

Ashton opening hours are 9am to 5 pm weekdays (closed for lunch, 1pm to 2pm) and 10am to 12noon on weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭doggiewalker00

havnt delt with them myself,but from what ive been told they can be a nightmare to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sassychick

I found my dog on the did website though she was still in ashton pound,as said before ashton dont take bookings over the phone could you not get some one to take you over or get the train and walk to its not dat far:DIt be nice if you could go over and bring madeleune for a walk the pound is open today from 12 till 2 :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sassychick

just tinking i mite of got the times wrong 4 walking the doggys at the weekend check the ashton web page to be sure !!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement