Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best Irish isp for Galway rural area

• 09-05-2010 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hello, I live in Galway and am in a very rural area. I am currently with eircom and I was wondering if there is any cheaper provider. Currently with eircom I rarely get my full 3mb speed, most of the time its only 2.8mb or 2.5mb. sometimes it goes down to 1.7mb. so if you have any suggestions on a good, cheap, reliable internet service provider i would appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

elazar55 wrote: »
    Hello, I live in Galway and am in a very rural area. I am currently with eircom and I was wondering if there is any cheaper provider. Currently with eircom I rarely get my full 3mb speed, most of the time its only 2.8mb or 2.5mb. sometimes it goes down to 1.7mb. so if you have any suggestions on a good, cheap, reliable internet service provider i would appreciate it.

Depends on what part of Galway, Lighthouse network are quite good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Full speed is 2.8mbits on a 3mbit package , you have a good DSL service from what I can make out. Crap in rural Galway is 0.28mbits. Try Lighthouse, Digiweb or Airwire for wireless in that case.

Advertisement