Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 113 ***Live Thread***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Daley's been cut according to Dana at the post-fight press conference.
    Hopefully criminal charges are brought against him too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Using his knee!
    He can use both ;):cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Seifer wrote: »
    Deserved too.Filthy & absolutely idiotic actions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

No complaints about that. Not much of a loss to the division in reality, he just has no chance of doing anything at the top of the division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭cokedrinker

Shogun is a class act, and absolutely LETHAL.

That is the happiest I have ever been after any fight... went a bit mental lol

Kimbo's finished in UFC too, so says Dana.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Dana: "That's probably Kimbo's last fight in the UFC" according to the UFC twitter.

EDIT: Dana on Daley: "He's done. I don't [care] if he's the best 170-pounder in the world. He's never coming back."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I love the way Joe didn't hold back either. "Probably jail". :)

IN fairness, it was an awful scumbag thing to do, especially when he could hardly land a clean punch for the last 10 mins of the fight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

Congrats to Marcus Davis-awesome and on the Kimbo/Daley thing.... sounds about right. If Kimbo can't handle someone like Meathead then he has no future in the UFC...oh and Daley..........what a knacker-he showed his true colors-and he has got absolutely no class-a bad rep for mma me thinks-the fact that he curses in interviews and the countdown is proof alone of this but what he did tonight after the bell had gone.......mma can do without. a good and just result :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Strikeforce and delighted to announce the double acquisition of....

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Ramunas

Welcome to the jungle ;)

Now OT:
    YOU WANTED THE BEST?YOU GOT THE BEST!
    INTRODUCING THE GREATEST LHW IN THE WORLD!

MAURICIO "SHOGUN" RUA!!!

You have no idea how happy I am right now

Shogun best LHW of all time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

Great card. Totally enjoyable. Would liked to have seen Mitrione get his ass handed to him but was never gonna happen really.

Daley= scumbag. Its funny that people think guys like Kimbo Slice are bad for the reputation of MMA as a sport :rolleyes:

Shogun really put that previous result to bed last night. Well deserved.

Good to see Marcus Davis get a win too.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Missed this last night.

Just wondering why Kimbo was instantly cut by Dana post fight(it was obvious why Daley was).

Just caught the Shogun/Machida fight on MMATOR. Why is everyone going crazy for Rua? "Greatest LHW of all time" etc. He was taken down twice fairly easily and the initial punch to floor Lyoto looked very lucky. Machida caught him with a nice kneee and went to follow up and Rua caught him with an outswinging arm.
    Totally reminded me of the Fedor/Arlovski fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

jayteecork wrote: »
    Missed this last night.

Just wondering why Kimbo was instantly cut by Dana post fight(it was obvious why Daley was).

Just caught the Shogun/Machida fight on MMATOR. Why is everyone going crazy for Rua? "Greatest LHW of all time" etc. He was taken down twice fairly easily and the initial punch to floor Lyoto looked very lucky. Machida caught him with a nice kneee and went to follow up and Rua caught him with an outswinging arm.
    Dana said he is most likely cut but on that performance you can see why. He was awful.

How did everyone score the Stout/ Stephens fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

unknown13 wrote: »
    Dana said he is most likely cut but on that performance you can see why. He was awful.

the chap looks knackered getting into the ring never mind when he is fighting.

• Advertisement

unknown13 wrote: »

How did everyone score the Stout/ Stephens fight.

I had it 29-28 Stout, first round to Stephens. I can understand how they gave it to Stephens though (bar the 30-27). It could easily have been a draw either. Stephens has some serious power, and Stout has a serious chin but I can't imagine them ever threatening for the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

jayteecork wrote: »
    Missed this last night.

You can't have a lucky punch, and considering in his previous fights how elusive he has been knocking him out is quite an achievement.

I agree with you about everyone suddenly going crazy for Shogun though, these are probably the same people who booed him in th O2 and said he was finished after that fight and probably jumped on the Macida bandwagon when he won the title.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    You can't have a lucky punch, and considering in his previous fights how elusive he has been knocking him out is quite an achievement.

I agree with you about everyone suddenly going crazy for Shogun though, these are probably the same people who booed him in th O2 and said he was finished after that fight and probably jumped on the Macida bandwagon when he won the title.

I think alot of people are hyping Shogun even more now because, over his last three fights, he has shown that he's finally back to being the Shogun who was most definitely the #1 Light Heavyweight in the world ~2005. It's not like he just came out of nowhere with a couple of good performances. The guy is an absolute beast and tore it up in Pride and we're finally getting to see those type of performances out of him again. And on top of that, he just KO'd a guy who was 16 - 0 and had never been even knocked down. Machida is still Top 2 at Light Heavyweight and he would still beat everyone else in the division. A victory over someone like that in that sort of fashion, especially after the first fight and given his history, definitely puts him at #1.

Jayo_M wrote: »
    I think alot of people are hyping Shogun even more now because, over his last three fights, he has shown that he's finally back to being the Shogun who was most definitely the #1 Light Heavyweight in the world ~2005. It's not like he just came out of nowhere with a couple of good performances. The guy is an absolute beast and tore it up in Pride and we're finally getting to see those type of performances out of him again. And on top of that, he just KO'd a guy who was 16 - 0 and had never been even knocked down. Machida is still Top 2 at Light Heavyweight and he would still beat everyone else in the division. A victory over someone like that in that sort of fashion, especially after the first fight and given his history, definitely puts him at #1.

I am a big Shogun fan and don't feel he came out of nowhere or is being overhyped. I just feel that the same people who are now praising him are the ones who said he was finished last year (you will probably find some of their posts in the ufc 93 thread) and once he loses the title they will be the ones saying he never deserved to hold the title.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Am I they only one that Dana cutting Daley was a bit too heat of the moment by Dana? Let me say the sucker punch was a scumbag move too.
    I agree with you about everyone suddenly going crazy for Shogun though, these are probably the same people who booed him in th O2

He did deserve to be booed that night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

What exactly happened in the Daley v Koscheck fight?

Does anyone have a link to a video of the fight? I've been looking for one all day.

I am a big Shogun fan and don't feel he came out of nowhere or is being overhyped. I just feel that the same people who are now praising him are the ones who said he was finished last year (you will probably find some of their posts in the ufc 93 thread) and once he loses the title they will be the ones saying he never deserved to hold the title.

Fair enough, can see your point from that aspect.

rovert wrote: »

See what I mean.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Good event last night. 1st good UFC PPV in a while. I wanted Daley to win but after what he did at the end he can get stuffed. Shogun looked great, if there was ever a case of who wanted it more it was him.
    ollieo wrote: »

Does anyone have a link to a video of the fight? I've been looking for one all day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzDMYsuUsEQ

See what I mean.:rolleyes:

What is that supposed to mean? He couldnt finish Coleman who made Kimbo look energetic. Please make the case that he shouldnt have been booed Mr. Im a better fan than you. Jay M you can help as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

What is that supposed to mean? He couldnt finish Coleman who made Kimbo look energetic. Please make the case that he shouldnt have been booed Mr. Im a better fan than you. Jay M you can help as well.

I was at UFC 93 and I don't remember Rua being booed.

(I do remember booing at the end of the fight, but that was booing at the ref rather than Rua).

He couldnt finish Coleman.

How did that fight finish?

I never claimed to be a better fan than anyone on here. Shogun was coming off a long injury lay off and it was obvious he wouldn't be in top shape, why did he deserve to be booed?

AARRRGH wrote: »
    I was at UFC 93 and I don't remember Rua being booed.

(I do remember booing at the end of the fight, but that was booing at the ref rather than Rua).

I was at it too, I’m just tackling Turtyturd's ridiculous talking point(s).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Daley is an idiot and hopefully he never fights professionally again.

As for the "phantom knee", even a grazing knee thrown at that speed could be dangerous. Super slow-mo replays always make things look different than real time.

He also deserved to have a point deducted as he intentionally threw a knee to the head of a grounded opponent.

Here's why I don't think he should have been booed. He was coming off a long lay-off after getting major surgery. No way should anyone expect him to be at his best. On top of that, when has Shogun ever not given 100% in a fight? He doesn't come out to eek out a win, he comes into fight as best he can. And thats what he did. For you, or anyone else, to boo a fighter like Shogun is ridiculous. But I'm not a boo-er anyway, I don't think any fighter should be booed unless they do something completely disrespectful (both Kos and Daley last night, for example).

• Advertisement

How did that fight finish?

Coleman keeled over and he couldn’t defend himself.
    I never claimed to be a better fan than anyone on here.

Bar looking down your nose at an arena and a forum of fans for not having the faith in Shogun after a really bad performance after major knee surgery. People can dislike individual performances and still be fans you know.
    Shogun was coming off a long injury lay off and it was obvious he wouldn't be in top shape, why did he deserve to be booed?

He wasn’t booed to any meaningful extent. He didn’t need to be in top shape to beat Coleman and showed very little against him. It is every well to be RESPECTZ DA FIGTHERZ but respect goes both ways even with the knowledge of the layoff Shogun he looked really bad.
    For you, or anyone else, to boo a fighter like Shogun is ridiculous. But I'm not a boo-er anyway, I don't think any fighter should be booed unless they do something completely disrespectful (both Kos and Daley last night, for example).

For the record I didnt boo Rua and dont boo generally, I was too busy praying for Coleman to pull out a victory. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭gloryutd

He didn't knock him out though, did he? Not standing anyway. Machida charged in and was caught off balance. He wasn't out, he was barely even hurt. He was nearly unlucky to fall into mount. You can see he's fine until he takes the punches from mount.

Not taking anything away from Shogun, but you can't say "OMG Machida is so elusive how did Rua finish him from mount OMGOMGOMG"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Some tasty matchups now, the divison really is brilliant, rashad - rampage next, the winner surley taking on rua, loser taking macheda possibly? Could we see Rua - macheda rubber match, or is there any point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Rua will definitely be defending his title against Evans next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

creggy wrote: »
    Rua will definitely be defending his title against Evans next.

I hope not!

As much as a gained a lot of respect for Rashad after TUF and the opposite for Rampage, a Rua v Rampage remwatch is a MUCH better prospect IMO!

I hate watching Rashad fight, unless he's fighting like this.....

lyoto-machida_rashad-evans_a.gif

Lets hope Lil Nog can get into the title mix. Shogun Vs Lil Nog II would be epic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Im glad Kimbo was fired. Hes not a good MMA fighter in the slightest. Shogun TKO was fair good, hoping for a Rampage - shogun fight next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

Lets hope Lil Nog can get into the title mix. Shogun Vs Lil Nog II would be epic.
    big time-a salavating prospect for sure :D

ollieo wrote: »

What you see here is all after the bell

b3nzo8.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

According to Koscheck he was also eye-gouging him from the bottom in the last few minutes of the fight.

According to Koscheck he was also eye-gouging him from the bottom in the last few minutes of the fight.

That wouldnt surprise me at all and Koscheck's eye looked damaged after the fight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Am I they only one that Dana cutting Daley was a bit too heat of the moment by Dana? Let me say the sucker punch was a scumbag move too.

Totally agree..but I saw on Sherdog, after the fight Dana said to Daley "Do you actually want to be in the UFC" to which aley replied "Meh"

Supposedly that made the decision for Dana. I think Ariel Helwani was the one that said it first

It was the right call because there was about 15 seconds between when the bell went and the punch landed. He knew what he was doing and he is a sore loser.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

Was a great card though

Koscheck didn't gain much sympathy from the fans with his comments. XD
    Anyone got the press conference?

• Advertisement

Koscheck didn't gain much sympathy from the fans with his comments. XD
    Anyone got the press conference?

Try UFC.com for the press conference you should be able to get most of it there.

The presser is on UFC.com.

Daniel2oo9 wrote: »
    Was a great card though

One of the better ones of 2010 for definite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Well dont to Paul Daley for destroying his career. Absolute scum. Josh Koscheck loved every second of it.

Delighted for Shogun. That was an awesome performance. Great respect for how he stopped when he saw Machida was out.
    Daniel2oo9 wrote: »
    lOVE HIS INTRO

Does anyone know the name of Shoguns intro?

I am over the moon for Marcus Davis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Minstrel27 wrote: »

Does anyone know the name of Shoguns intro?

Armin Van Buuren: Sail

• Advertisement
Advertisement