Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those Little Gripes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

My little gripe?

Ramza!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

This whole thing is a completely ****ing retarded derail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Shup you, I derailed your auld one wha?

haha nah it is alright..

The Horror!!! Ah screw it what can you do, I don't even know what thread I'm posting in anymore. I'm just feckin replying to posts haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Yes it was my belief that such held true, but like I said, I may be wrong, I didn't talk to every single player in the world, it's just my thoughts on it. It's just how I perceive/believe it to be
    There are players on here with faaaaaaaaaaar more experience in fighting games then you , people who actually played in the arcade scene, who love the 4 series.

And that's great, I respect that. Like I said in my other posts it's not down to me to tell people what to play, whatever floats yer boat.

It was just that with all the multitude of opinions of the game both negative and positive floating around, a lot was either misunderstood by people or lost in translation etc. When this was first brought up I said the same thing, you can even find the thread a few pages back.

Oh and about the whole snobbish thing, I know you weren't addressing me, and I in no way was addressing you/anyone in particular, I was saying if people are snobby, then this is what I think. Yer sound

So finally, when I see barely any 3s or ST pro etc playing SFIV, I think hmm, do they not like it? Also, in many interview old players say they are not feeling it. Coupled with my own personal dislike of the game, it just leads me to that conclusion. And like I said before I like the game, on a level. But SFIV for the community is great and I love to be involved

But to be honest and on par with Dreddy, the whole "I don't really like SFIV" thing is old, I've voiced my opinion on it way too many times and I'm in no bad stand, trust me! I'm just very opinionated when it comes to the topic. I try to be blunt, but sometimes I might come across as a dick (tbh I don't care :pac:)

Ah you should care though man, I've met you in RL so I know your not but many on here may not and thus will assume you are... or eh yeah. Anyway yeah no its totally true that many old school players don't play sf4, but not all of them. And this is a pattern repeated with every new street fighter.

Even in the SF2 days with all its new versions. Super SF2 had a lot of hate from what I understand and so on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Sisko wrote: »
    Ah you should care though man, I've met you in RL so I know your not but many on here may not and thus will assume you are... or eh yeah. Anyway yeah no its totally true that many old school players don't play sf4, but not all of them. And this is a pattern repeated with every new street fighter.

Even in the SF2 days with all its new versions. Super SF2 had a lot of hate from what I understand and so on.

Yeah, but like I said maybe I'm wrong, just one man's opinion is all I am broadcasting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=59949033#post59949033

And chopper I played you back in the days of P2P Kaillera.

And back in the days of server Kaillera, i just called myself Seán.

?

Take a look at when the 1st post in that thread was made :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I think most people who played II and the Alpha series were actually turned off by III (never making it as far as 3S) and have come back with IV.

I actually played a lot of II (world warrior arcade, the new challengers arcade, "rainbow edition" arcade and Championship Edition Megadrive) and I was turned off by the Alphas.

I never even KNEW there was a III until I ran across a 3S machine late one night in an arcade in Toronto while I was waiting for a bus.

I really like HDR but I'm not so sure about the IVs. I'm trying to give them a chance though.

Super Smash Bros Melee will probably always be my favourite fighting game though :P

I'm not a boardsie, man I signed up for you!

Edge for life. (and before that; Oxegen forums, well until a certain company went a little paranoid, but y'all know about that)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Edge for life. (and before that; Oxegen forums, well until a certain company went a little paranoid, but y'all know about that)

Rabble rabble damn clique rabble rabble stick to themselves rabble rabble afraid of competition rabble rabble

yeah ive noticed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

yeah ive noticed that.

You tried your best to bring it to their attention.

Hehe I know man, I remember it all. I went around every irish player I knew asking them to post in that thread and to register on boards to do it if they're not on it.

Btw you talkin about MCD? As the ban about chatting about them was lifted as far as I remember

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

That ban is long gone :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sisko wrote: »
    Hehe I know man, I remember it all. I went around every irish player I knew asking them to post in that thread and to register on boards to do it if they're not on it.

Btw you talkin about MCD? As the ban about chatting about them was lifted as far as I remember
    D4RK ONION wrote: »
    That ban is long gone :)

Well- it is and it isn't.

The legal landscape with reference to online content changed recently. A court case has given precedent in the RoI that if someone complains about something written on a website they must give an appropriate amount of time for the website's admin team to deal with it before they have any shot in courts.

This means the blanket ban could go, but the initial problem is still there, if you get me.

There's a feedback thread if anyone's interested somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I have a gripe, getting kicked by someone in Endless Mode after you've waiting to play, it happened to me TWICE in a row tonight, even got a message from a guy who was in a room I got kicked from saying that it was pretty low.

Shamefully, both hosts were Irish.

I also being kicked from sessions for being too good, again, Irish hosts! Sorry if my Juri was too good but I've kind of being playing the game a lot! You wouldn't see me kicking anyone from sessions I'm hosting just because they keep serving my ass to me! ( Leave the session AFTER A MATCH, yes but not kick anyone. )

Sorry to hear all that man, I assume your on 360. I doubt any of those were people from here, probably just some kids playing the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

This isn't a gripe, but it's a little thing I'm wondering about that's not worth starting a thread over.

What does it mean when someone has the game logo instead of a national flag? Martian?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

I think it means their from one of those countries capcom places in the "Other" section on leaderboards. As in on the leaderboards you can search through Europe, Asia, america or Other?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭EmSixTeen

I think it means their from one of those countries capcom places in the "Other" section on leaderboards. As in on the leaderboards you can search through Europe, Asia, america or Other?
    Ah I was wondering about that too.

It's annoying that I don't get matched up with Irish folks when I choose 'same' region, it only gives me British players.. tagged onto my British flag with being up North here. Ah well. Did get a game against Sabre thrown at me though with the 'all' setting. :)

It could also be based on geo ip, and them not being able to find a match.

Entered a lobby with an irish flag, the only player inside had a Street fighter flag, and on his gamertag said he was from mexico.

Arrrgh ****ing shortcuts.

just played super dane 86 a B ranked ken who didnt do one proper srk movement in two rounds.

I'd love to play him offline.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Not really the games fault but I'm abit dissapointed that the online is just ken, akuma and ibuki. Maybe its the time I'm on but its very rare that it ever extends beyond them! Though during the 1st week Juri was everywhere but now I havent fought one in a few days. Really thought the extended roster and new ultras would put some other characters in the limelight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Really thought the extended roster and new ultras would put some other characters in the limelight.

Don't be silly now.

I haven't played online much, but from what I have it's the same old story.

Ken, Ken, Ken, Ken, Ryu, Ken, Ken, Ibuki, Akuma, Ken, Ken Ken...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

I dislike all this negativity towards Ken players.

People just like to moan that they play a lot of Kens when in reality he is not the most common character by a long shot, it's just something that's banded around
    I play ken and I always pay special attention to how many i fight online in a session , and it is not alot to be honest..maybe its just me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I play a high proportion of Juris. Rarely see any of the other new characters apart from Ibuki and DeeJay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I used to keep track of who I faced online (and who I beat) in vanilla using a standard maths copy. By the time I got bored with it, I think Ken had pages ten, nine and eight to himself, then he was joined by Ryu and Sagat on seven, then Akuma on five, and everyone else was back on page 1 or 2.

I'd do it again for Super but my connection is so laggy that I've stopped playing online entirely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Wow, thats hardcore. The stats page is pretty good in super, its good enough for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Maybe if you play Ken you somehow repel other inferior Kens?

I'm still scraping the Ken off my boots from the last time I went into ranked.

Advertisement