Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those Little Gripes

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

EmSixTeen wrote: »
    It's annoying that I don't get matched up with Irish folks when I choose 'same' region, it only gives me British players.. tagged onto my British flag with being up North here. Ah well.

Well that makes sense really, unless your from Donegal or something. If you've the British flag your gonna get matched up with the UK peeps.

I dunno how it works on 360 but I think there is a way to set where your from so if you really wanted to play irish, you could reset your location to Ireland, have the Irish flag and work away. I know its not done by IP anyway its done by where ever you set your location.

I've a second account I set up to be american so I could download HDR ages ago, if I played on that it'd show me as having an american flag anyway. (On psn HDR was delayed in Europe for ages)
    Not really the games fault but I'm abit dissapointed that the online is just ken, akuma and ibuki. Maybe its the time I'm on but its very rare that it ever extends beyond them! Though during the 1st week Juri was everywhere but now I havent fought one in a few days. Really thought the extended roster and new ultras would put some other characters in the limelight.

I'm surprised at this, Ibuki? Really? She's rare on PSN. & the Ken issue is not really the same as it was during 4, yes some of the old style flowchart kens are back but I'm not running into those kens that often.

I'd rather run into kens then a horde of blankas online, imo flowchart blanka is far more head wrecking then any ken cause its annoying to deal with online. Unless your Guile. When online is killing me and missed inputs and lag costs me games against people far far worse then me , I'll just take a break ,pick guile sit back, relax and boom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

Haha I just fought you online Sabre1001 and you spam fireballs like a b**ch :D THAT annoys me haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Thomas-G wrote: »
    Haha I just fought you online Sabre1001 and you spam fireballs like a b**ch :D THAT annoys me haha!

:D My apologies! But once I saw Zangief I knew I had to stay far away!

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    :D My apologies! But once I saw Zangief I knew I had to stay far away!
    Ha no problem, I was grumpy before that because Cammy kept kicking my ass on arcade when going for the no continues achievement!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Thomas-G wrote: »
    Ha no problem, I was grumpy before that because Cammy kept kicking my ass on arcade when going for the no continues achievement!

If they haven't changed it (and I'd guess they haven't), her AI is REALLY exploitable.

Just hold down back and observe, lariat / SPD as necessary.

• Advertisement

If they haven't changed it (and I'd guess they haven't), her AI is REALLY exploitable.

Just hold down back and observe, lariat / SPD as necessary.
    Yes, it still is, but those same tactics work for pretty much everyone with Zangief, it feels like cheating though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I find that if you just crouch-block constantly as Zangief, she'll always try to spin-knuckle you for some reason. Spam quick punch when her animation starts and you should get four hits in. Cammy was constantly preventing me from Lariating my way through Vanilla's timed and survival trials until I copped to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

That's the gist of it, plain old lariat will stuff it anyway and probably does more damage (and builds meter to boot).

For some reason she also always uses ultra 1 the instant she gets it, free EX hand, or fierce hand to spd if your feeling lucky (might get dp'ed).

One other issue is that in some matchups, a player will get two Ultras. Defeats the purpose of the Ultra being a game-levelling mechanic really...

🤪

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Are you talking about the sort of Blanka/Gen double Ultras or something else?

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Are you talking about the sort of Blanka/Gen double Ultras or something else?

This kinda thing - Round starts at 2:25

Two Yoga Catastrophes in one round...Didn't work out for him but still :)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I'd noticed that too, not sure what to make of it. It introduces its own risk/reward element; do you let your Ultra charge up as high as possible for extra damage, or let it fly the second it triggers in the hope that you'll get a second one in later on? It also means you have to stay wary after they fire early, press too hard and you could still be hit by a second one when they're just about dead. Previously, things were a little more predictable.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

One other issue is that in some matchups, a player will get two Ultras. Defeats the purpose of the Ultra being a game-levelling mechanic really...

I disagree... they weakened the Ultras because they were TOO good in the first place.

Now getting hit with an ultra is much less likely to end a round on it's own. This is a good thing!

I disagree... they weakened the Ultras because they were TOO good in the first place.

Now getting hit with an ultra is much less likely to end a round on it's own. This is a good thing!

Getting hit with two might though ;)

🤪

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Getting hit with two might though ;)

The nasty turtle Guile in me says if you get hit with an ultra twice in one round it's your own fault :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Dunjohn wrote: »
    I'd noticed that too, not sure what to make of it. It introduces its own risk/reward element; do you let your Ultra charge up as high as possible for extra damage, or let it fly the second it triggers in the hope that you'll get a second one in later on? It also means you have to stay wary after they fire early, press too hard and you could still be hit by a second one when they're just about dead. Previously, things were a little more predictable.

Not really, in most cases you'll just ultra when you see the opportunity to do the damage. the only exceptions I can think of is deliberately not ultraing at the end of a combo because it'd be scaled too much (seen most commonly with balrog).

Advertisement