Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book Design

Options
  • 09-05-2010 2:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Hi guys! Just wondering if anyone could break down modern book design for me. Got a few books out of the library on the topic, they're all fairly ancient though. What are specifically used these days, programs etc? Quark?
    Any good tutorials or websites?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

What kind of book?
    Is it graphics heavy? InDesign etc would be good for that.
    LaTeX is the defacto standard for elegant typesetting, particuarily in Academia.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MJRS

Oh, I'm not actually looking to design any book in particular, it's just an area I know nothing about.. Never even heard of LaTex, I'll check it out! Is there any book design website similar to what videocopilot is for motion graphics? That would be great, ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Joneswilliamsc

Well you have not mention that which type of book you are going to design. Still your point is not clear that what you are going to say. You want to design the book or related to that you want link or the book which you are using want its link. clear your point otherwise every one will give you wrong suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MJRS

I don't intend on making any type of book in particular, like I said, it's just an overview of the process in general i'm after! Like, if someone started a thread asking how to design posters for example, I'd say they need photoshop and/or illustrator, point them in the direction of some tutorials and say head to Reads for the printing, that sort of thing! There just doesn't seem to be much information on book design and production on the web, I thought you guys might know..

Advertisement