Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hull V Liverpool [Match Thread]

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

He's lost his hunger completely, in a way i don't blame him, it's a sorry sight really

If it were a case of him playing badly but looking like he was trying his best, then I would not be as critical of him.

But playing badly and dossing through games with a perma scowl on his face, and berating other players is not on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I agree wit that. He's annoying but i think he's pretty genuine.

I met him before a couple of years back while i was out having a few drinks, got chatting to him in the smoking area he called Benitez a "spoofer" the next day we were playing on Setanta Ireland and we played well and won(remember those days?) cue Dolan heaping praise on Benitez. :rolleyes:

I met him before a couple of years back while i was out having a few drinks, got chatting to him in the smoking area he called Benitez a "spoofer" the next day we were playing on Setanta Ireland and we played well and won(remember those days?) cue Dolan heaping praise on Benitez. :rolleyes:

If you think that is bad, you should have heard what he was saying about you after you left that night. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Decided to start painting the house today instead of watching more tripe football, only the second game ive missed this season. Sounds like a missed a cracker by all accounts.

Havent seen the game obviously but if gerrard was that poor then the manager is incapable of making the correct decision for the team, the manager is paid enough to make those decisions, i dont give a monkeys what excuses are thrown out ie, media backlash.

This team is stale and benitez doesnt seem to have the motivational skills to get them out of it.

Thank f**k this season has ended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

daithijjj wrote: »
    if gerrard was that poor then the manager is incapable of making the correct decision for the team, the manager is paid enough to make those decisions, i dont give a monkeys what excuses are thrown out ie, media backlash.

+1
    i've been saying this for months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Dannyboy1987

Rafa lost the dressing at the start of the season. none of the lads were arsed today. Role on next season transfer rumors are going to be good :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Kess73 wrote: »
    If you think that is bad, you should have heard what he was saying about you after you left that night. :p

Haha, it was funny actually i was at a friends 21st that night and he was asking me was there any nice aul ones in at it for him, desperate stuff.

daithijjj wrote: »
    Decided to start painting the house today instead of watching more tripe football, only the second game ive missed this season. Sounds like a missed a cracker by all accounts.

Havent seen the game obviously but if gerrard was that poor then the manager is incapable of making the correct decision for the team, the manager is paid enough to make those decisions, i dont give a monkeys what excuses are thrown out ie, media backlash.

This team is stale and benitez doesnt seem to have the motivational skills to get them out of it.

Thank f**k this season has ended.

You got to watch paint dry? you lucky bast*rd. Probably beat some of the "football" that was on show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Rafa lost the dressing at the start of the season. none of the lads were arsed today. Role on next season transfer rumors are going to be good :rolleyes:

Something was very wrong before the season really started. Just look at the results for, and the comments made by quite a few after, each of the pre-season friendlies.

Quite a few people were very worried about what they saw in pre-season and they were shot down. I posted this at the time:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61425068&postcount=36
    Crisis.. So, anyone going to say something smart this time if someone points out that this has been a god awful pre-season?

This season started to go wrong in pre-season and continued all the way through. It is one thing trying to claim that Rafa lost the dressing room in the course of this season but for some reason, I very much doubt he lost it in the immediate aftermath of last seasons relative success.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

If Gerrard was to be dropped at any stage during the season, and as a consequence relieved of the captaincy, there is absolutely no way Rafa would have remained as manager for the season, or into next (if that's what happens).

The media scrutiny would have become overpowering, Gerrard would not have been able to take it on the chin, and the pressure on the replacement (probably Pacheco/Aquilani) would have been unbearable. The Liverpool based fans would have gone apesh*t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I firmly don't think that Gerrard can maintain his England place on this form, and honestly think that Capello is really re-considering Gerrards place in teh team. His performances have just been awful. Frankly, if you can get 30 million for a 30 year old (by the end of the season) who's heart is no longer in it, you'd probably be right to take it.

PHB wrote: »
    I firmly don't think that Gerrard can maintain his England place on this form, and honestly think that Capello is really re-considering Gerrards place in teh team. His performances have just been awful. Frankly, if you can get 30 million for a 30 year old (by the end of the season) who's heart is no longer in it, you'd probably be right to take it.

The way I see it, he has been moderating his performances for Liverpool since his return from injury. He concluded long ago that there was nothing to play for in terms of the PL and CL and opted instead to effectively to rest himself for England and the World Cup.

If he opted to do that, I suspect that Capello knows about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

The way I see it, he has been moderating his performances for Liverpool since his return from injury. He concluded long ago that there was nothing to play for in terms of the PL and CL and opted instead to effectively to rest himself for England and the World Cup.

I agree with this. I really don't think his place in the England is under any threat.

May I add that I wish it was because I would love to see the look on his face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

would be pretty funny alright! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭hideous ape

Something was very wrong before the season really started. Just look at the results for, and the comments made by quite a few after, each of the pre-season friendlies.

Quite a few people were very worried about what they saw in pre-season and they were shot down. I posted this at the time:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61425068&postcount=36

This season started to go wrong in pre-season and continued all the way through. It is one thing trying to claim that Rafa lost the dressing room in the course of this season but for some reason, I very much doubt he lost it in the immediate aftermath of last seasons relative success.

Spot on...I watched all of our pre-season games and was also extremely concerned. I said to mates at the time that without Alonso we looked like a car careering down a motorway with no steering wheel. The team this season has looked more or less the same as it did in the pre-season games.

The pre-season was embarrassing, I mean I don't expect flowing football in pre-season but after the way we finished the previous season I expected more than two passes to be strung together but it was utterly attrocious!

I won €20 on a bet that Spurs would beat us on the opening day...the rest as they say was a nightmare!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

That's a fairly damning indictment if you're a Liverpool fan that loves Gerrard.

Ush1 wrote: »
    That's a fairly damning indictment if you're a Liverpool fan that loves Gerrard.

As I said on many threads at this stage, I think the team would be better off without him in the long term. Hopefully Real or City will offer 30m for him and we can be done with him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

what a joke of a last game. fitting for our joke of a season

• Advertisement
Advertisement