Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Last Game of the season -MAN UTD/CHELSEA

• 09-05-2010 9:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭

Best of luck today to both MAN UTD & CHELSEA .
    May the best team win the title , the table never lies but its a great finish to the season for it to go to the last game .

Also ...

May any team (e.g LIVERPOOL & MAN U ) learn from their mistakes and hopefully rid themselves this summer of the leeches that are bleeding their beloved clubs dry .
    Hopefully the 2010/2011 season brings a seachange , has all us devoted supporters looking at only things on the field , and not be concerned about matters off.

M. ( LFC)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

KAMON THE BLUES!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

mixednuts wrote: »
    Best of luck today to both MAN UTD & CHELSEA .
    May the best team win the title , the table never lies but its a great finish to the season for it to go to the last game .

Also ...

May any team (e.g LIVERPOOL & MAN U ) learn from their mistakes and hopefully rid themselves this summer of the leeches that are bleeding their beloved clubs dry .
    Hopefully the 2010/2011 season brings a seachange , has all us devoted supporters looking at only things on the field , and not be concerned about matters off.

M. ( LFC)

Well said man, hopefully United and Liverpool fans here do have something more positive to talk about come the new season than debt and so on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

WE'LL NEVER DIE, WE'LL NEVER DIE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I hope Chelsea win it and then I'll watch and laugh as the anti-Glazer movement hits an all time high not that it matters at all, they are happy with their lot and are never selling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

What an anti climax . . Wonder if Stoke or Wigan players can sober up for the 4pm kickoffs . .

• Advertisement

Drumpot wrote: »
    What an anti climax . . Wonder if Stoke or Wigan players can sober up for the 4pm kickoffs . .
    You really don't have a clue do you?

As I'm in a very patient mood this morning I'll explain it to you.

Stoke currently lie 10th in the table and thats the best spot they can finish in but if Blackburn and Fulham both managed to draw today it would leave Stoke 12th if they lose and the club £1 million lighter in finishing position prize money. As a result I'm sure there is a rather large monetary incentive for all Stoke players to go out and give it one hell of a fight today.

Wigan can finish 14th if things go their way today and 17th if things go against them, thats a £1.5 million difference in prize money and yet again I'm quite sure there is a very nice little incentive bonus for them too. So both sides will be out to do the business you can be sure of that.

eagle eye wrote: »
    You really don't have a clue do you?

As I'm in a very patient mood this morning I'll explain it to you.

Stoke currently lie 10th in the table and thats the best spot they can finish in but if Blackburn and Fulham both managed to draw today it would leave Stoke 12th if they lose and the club £1 million lighter in finishing position prize money. As a result I'm sure there is a rather large monetary incentive for all Stoke players to go out and give it one hell of a fight today.

Wigan can finish 14th if things go their way today and 17th if things go against them, thats a £1.5 million difference in prize money and yet again I'm quite sure there is a very nice little incentive bonus for them too. So both sides will be out to do the business you can be sure of that.

Ah . . I dont have a clue eh . .

Ok, lets look at this. . The clubs stand to win an extra million or so depending on their positions at this stage. All bonuses would of been agreed at the start of the season. Considering the bonuses are no more then 1.5mil, its safe to assume that not being relegated was the main bonus payout for these players and any extra bits of money for getting that bit higher (at this stage) will be no more then a weeks wage (if that) . .

Sorry, its you that doesnt have a clue . . Playing for an extra spot in the league at this stage means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to the players as it doesnt net them much in terms of their already inflated salaries . . Unless you are going to suggest that the average modern footballer actually cares about the clubs they play for (try that argument, then we will see who is clueless!) . .

PLaying for a European spot - Yes , Playing for a trophy - Yes , Playing for a nice big bonus - Yes , Playing for a million or so extra for your club (and possibly a couple of thousand into your pocket) - No . .

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭I'm listening

deisedevil wrote: »
    WE'LL NEVER DIE, WE'LL NEVER DIE!

Don't worry it's only a game, no one is going to die.....Ye will lose but won't die

PLaying for a European spot - Yes , Playing for a trophy - Yes , Playing for a nice big bonus - Yes , Playing for a million or so extra for your club (and possibly a couple of thousand into your pocket) - No . .
    Yeah the clubs I mentioned are just too dumb to add an incentive at the end of the season tied to finishing position. You keep thinking that.:rolleyes:

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah the clubs I mentioned are just too dumb to add an incentive at the end of the season tied to finishing position. You keep thinking that.:rolleyes:

Your missing the point . . The players will have their most important bonus's already wrapped up . . Any potential bonus they could win today wouldn't amount to much more then a percentage of their weekly salary . . .

If you start training at the start of July (So really only get 1 month break), get paid 30K+ a week and have achieved most of your goals come start of May, you are gonna take it easy on yourself for an extended break (if it only means losing out a couple of grand). .

Go back to bed or go for a walk and reply later . . :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Ah . . I dont have a clue eh . .

Ok, lets look at this. . The clubs stand to win an extra million or so depending on their positions at this stage. All bonuses would of been agreed at the start of the season. Considering the bonuses are no more then 1.5mil, its safe to assume that not being relegated was the main bonus payout for these players and any extra bits of money for getting that bit higher (at this stage) will be no more then a weeks wage (if that) . .

Sorry, its you that doesnt have a clue . . Playing for an extra spot in the league at this stage means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to the players as it doesnt net them much in terms of their already inflated salaries . . Unless you are going to suggest that the average modern footballer actually cares about the clubs they play for (try that argument, then we will see who is clueless!) . .

drugs are bad for your health

jaysus OP, bet ya didnt think the thread would take the direction its taking!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

papagormo wrote: »
    jaysus OP, bet ya didnt think the thread would take the direction its taking!!:D

Well it is the soccer forum .... Nothing surprised :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Chelsea to win league handy enough today and draw level with Sheff Wed and Newcastle on 4 league titles in the top division.

Well done Chelsea. The double should follow. Carlo deserves more credit imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

papagormo wrote: »
    KAMON THE BLUES!:D

Yeah come on Wigan :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Hope more than expectation for me today. I will be pleasantly surprised if we walk away with title No.19 today, but I fear a win today over Stoke will be a bit too little too late. Still, having lost 5 games by Christmas and playing Carrick & Fletcher as centre halves, I honestly thought the league wouldve been lost with 3/4 games to go. Anyway, onward and upward.

I know its Wikipedia, but they have Chelsea already down for the 2009-2010 Premier League title... So must come true :p

I know its Wikipedia, but they have Chelsea already down for the 2009-2010 Premier League title... So must come true :p

Not exactly sticking their knecks out . .

Don't worry it's only a game, no one is going to die.....Ye will lose but won't die

"We'll never die" Comes from a Man Utd song "The Red Flag" , started up just after the Munich disaster. It basically means that as a club, no matter what goes wrong we'll always go on. (and on and on and on X infinity :D)

The Red Flag

United's flag is deepest red,
    It shrouded all our Munich dead,
    Before their limbs grew stiff and cold,
    Their heart's blood dyed it's ev'ry fold.

Then raise United's banner high,
    Beneath it's shade we'll live and die,
    So keep the faith and never fear,
    We'll keep the Red Flag flying here.

We'll never die, we'll never die,
    We'll never die, we'll never die,
    We'll keep the Red flag flying high,
    'Cos Man United will never die

mixednuts wrote: »
    drugs are bad for your health

Life is my drug . . :D

• Advertisement

It was a joke.....

It was a joke.....

Apologies then. It was a bad joke and I mistook it for the post of an uninformed poster.

It was a joke.....

I thought we were all joking . . ? !:confused:

Im a united fan and Im more exited about cutting the grass then todays games . .

deisedevil wrote: »
    Apologies then. It was a bad joke and I mistook it for the post of an uninformed poster.

I was mocking the song, it's rubbish...

Yeah come on Wigan :)

ya cheeky pup!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I wouldn't be surprised to see both Chelsea & Utd draw tbh! It's been one of those kind of seasons!

Thankfully, I've resigned myself to come to terms with not winning it this year. I just hope we finish it with a win. If Wigan do us a favour then great!

Advertisement