Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best breakfast roll in dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Anywhere that uses Kerns sausages gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Beans. Onions. Mayonnaise. End. Of. Story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Tails142 wrote: »
    Came here to say Deco's on Bolton Street, but it is indeed gone! Glad to see it's up there in people's memories. Their secret I reckon, was soft bread rolls and 'buttering' the bread with black pudding as well as butter of course.

Hope that Deco is on a tropical island somewhere enjoying retirement.

Decos is there. Great salad bowl thing they do too. There is a little place just up from the red cow hotel on a little road with factories around it on a halting site. Can’t remember the name decos is nice but that place blows anywhere out of the water. Something grill I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Beans. Onions. Mayonnaise. End. Of. Story.

Yeah, you said. Not much agreement though. Where's the meat?

Wheety wrote: »
    Yeah, you said. Not much agreement though. Where's the meat?

Beans are pure protein/ as good as meat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

BDI wrote: »
    Decos is there. Great salad bowl thing they do too. There is a little place just up from the red cow hotel on a little road with factories around it on a halting site. Can’t remember the name decos is nice but that place blows anywhere out of the water. Something grill I think.

SALAD BOWL. ??? ;)

The fookin vegan thread is that way.>>>>^^^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

All them old posts bigging up Matt the rashers. Wouldn't go near it..rotten!!

Is O'Donovans at the back of Trinity still going? Amazing breakfast roll back in the day.

SALAD BOWL. ??? ;)

The fookin vegan thread is that way.>>>>^^^^^

Ah it has a chicken in it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Dónal wrote: »
    Is O'Donovans at the back of Trinity still going? Amazing breakfast roll back in the day.

It is, class spot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Any updated gems to try, went to the local Spar earlier and it didn't inspire confidence.
    Their poached/possibly fried eggs in the shape of a love heart did not make pleasant viewing

Egg moulds- a distortion of reality

92475302fbcb49e0cb0b481875db5abb64d6b69c_main_hero_image.jpg?w=630&ssl=1
    skull-eggs-fail.jpg?w=600&ssl=1
    tumblr_nv9etf2EWz1qmrogso1_500.jpg?w=500&ssl=1
    af476c3ff080462f76239d80b87ca709.jpg?resize=339%2C451

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

Decos and the chuck wagon ��

browner85 wrote: »
    Decos and the chuck wagon ��

Jaysus, I haven't been near the chuck wagon since it was here, must be nearly 10 years now. That was a class spot indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

Jaysus, I haven't been near the chuck wagon since it was here, must be nearly 10 years now. That was a class spot indeed

Still going strong . It’s only a mile up the road from there now

browner85 wrote: »
    Still going strong . It’s only a mile up the road from there now

Must go out for a breakfast soda one of the days for old times sake. Now that they moved up beyond Blake's cross I haven't much reason to pass it and stop in. Probably for my own good anyway, I used to stop way too often :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Janey - brings back memories (hungover college days mainly)

Glad to hear it's still going

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭This is it

There was a shop on Clanbrassil St, on the left before the Mace (which is on the right) outbound. When you ordered a breakfast roll the shop owner would cook up all the bits and pieces right there in front of you and fire it onto a nice lightly floured soft roll. Took a few minutes but it was amazing, fresh eggs in particular off a pan makes a roll.

Anyone know if the shop is still there? Can't for the life of me think of the name of it. Opposite Blackpitts

Bridies just off red cow/long mile

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

This is it wrote: »
    There was a shop on Clanbrassil St, on the left before the Mace (which is on the right) outbound. When you ordered a breakfast roll the shop owner would cook up all the bits and pieces right there in front of you and fire it onto a nice lightly floured soft roll. Took a few minutes but it was amazing, fresh eggs in particular off a pan makes a roll.

Anyone know if the shop is still there? Can't for the life of me think of the name of it. Opposite Blackpitts

I cycle through that street a few times per week. In not aware of any places like that but it sounds great. I hate that most breakfast rolls consist of rubber sausages and tasteless rashers.

Nothing beats a home cooked breakfast roll. Or at least I just don't know of anywhere that uses real ingredient's

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

^^

It was where Passion for Food in now and it was a cracking place for breakfast roll, the produce used was just that bit different than the stuff used in the larger chains.
    Proper well run independent corner shop. I think it was the Mace opening that did it in for them in the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Its time we gave up the breakfast roll. Ignorant muck. Its not 1993 anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Weighbridge cafe clondalkin

4 euro. Worth the trip

The Nal wrote: »

Yeah I’m not sure it’s kosher or halal. We have to get with the times and become a bland European city, god forbid people think we arnt like all the rest.

Most of the EU eats a BMO (Beans, Mayonnaise and Onion) A healthier roll and less of a carbon footprint... Bon appetite :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Bet you have an EV too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Great breakfast rolls are being destroyed by the Sparification of small shops, where you can get the same disappointing roll all over the country. This is in conjunction with the rise of the baguette.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,291 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Breakfast Roll II - Rise of the Baguette.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭VW 1

Any love for the Lovin Spoon on North Frederick Street? Great little café.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

I got one there yesterday. Quite nice. Spicy butcher pudding. Soft bread roll. none of that baguette crap that cuts the roof of your mouth off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

The Munchie Brunchie from Munchies was amazing, I don't work near a branch anymore and they never open on weekends but I would kill for one!

Advertisement