Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit Torrent Slow

Options
  • 09-05-2010 10:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

I recently switched ISP's. Since then my bit torrent has been slowed right down from an average of 220-330KBs to 23-50KB download.

I upgraded to a 4 MB download an 1MB upload, wireless broadband service.

I had to restart my router with the ISP switch. would this have affected it?

The seeds and peers are fine. good ratio for downloading.

Do i need to forward ports or what? Because id rather not have to tamper too much with my router if possible.

:confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Wireless suffers very badly from too many connections and open ports, sometimes wireless providers block, slow down or interfere with torrents to protect their network. Best thing is to ask them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭LimerickDan

I already asked and they dont block them. i was with them before and torrents never suffered. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 82,378 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

how long ago were you with them though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Know anyone else using the service that can download torrents ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 macnerdy

good post.can you tell us who your isp is please?I am on a 7mg eircom line and have same problem. Recentily (past 10 days) am having problem with utorrent.Even on torrents with great seeder ratio we are hamstrung with crap download speed.
    before anyone asks.....yes we have utorrent configurewd for optimal downlaod i.e. nat,firewall, port forwarding etc. but its like we are being capped?
    Anyone else with similiar?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭tc2010

on UPC 20 meg and get 2.2mb on torrents with good seeders

downloading legal files of course wink wink :pac:

edit - i once had a problem that i setup the scheduler. even after disabling it it was still slow to download. had to uninstall and reinstall utorrent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭LimerickDan

I am with BBNet.

uTorrent is working grand now because i reinstalled it.

I was sick of slow downloads

Advertisement