Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help me choose a car rack

• 09-05-2010 11:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭

I need a car rack for occassional use to transport 2 adult bikes. It would be to fit a Peugot 307 (which is a standard hatchback style).

I want something that I'd be confident of the fitting (i.e. that it won't fall off whilst doing 120kmh on the M1), but don't necessarily want to spend mega bucks on it as it will probably be only used a handful of times each year.

Have looked both on the Wiggle and Halfords websites, but am unsure of what I'm looking for.

Help please!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭kevvhayes

in the same boat. looking for one for an a3. heard the Mont Blanc is meant to be ok. in the argos book for €53.99. they have a high mount one that seems to be fitted to a peugot! page 202of the new book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭Peckham

kevvhayes wrote: »
    in the same boat. looking for one for an a3. heard the Mont Blanc is meant to be ok. in the argos book for €53.99. they have a high mount one that seems to be fitted to a peugot! page 202of the new book.

Presume this is the one you've seen. Doesn't exactly look like a secure and safe load! :rolleyes: But I think that's a smaller 106, and it has 3 bikes attached to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Going to buy a Thule 9103 for my golf once the funds are there, look solid and less straps to attach than the others. Check out here for your car, think they'd be fairly similar fitting. Had a Paddy Hopkirk with lots of straps which did the job ok, but think the Thule is easier/quicker to put on/off.

Advertisement