Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you apply to be a LC supervisor?

Options
  • 09-05-2010 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Is it too late? Probably I'm sure but can anyone tell me how you go about applying?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Lisa8786 wrote: »
    Is it too late? Probably I'm sure but can anyone tell me how you go about applying?

I did it last year, thought it was brillant. In my school I had to write a letter saying why I would be a good in the job and talking about myself etc. It might be different in your school so i'd ask one of your teachers, they're bound to know and if they don't i'm sure they'll get back to you with what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Do you mean supervisor as in the person who hands out the papers and actually supervises, or the attendant person who sits outside and brings the superintendant coffee....

The attendant people are usually students and is dealt with by the school

The actual superintendants are recruited by the commission, its too late for this year- they usually advertise for applications around October/November time.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Lisa8786

Sorry...attendant. Yeah i left my school in 5th year to go to a grind school so they probably wouldn't welcome me with open arms. Thought you could just go to any school. Thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Schools organise them themselves.

You generally sign up for the job months in advance.

I signed up in the September before the Leaving Cert period that I did it......I'd say you're WAY TOO LATE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Just asked my career guidance teacher today if there were any places going. His exact reply was,

"You'e the tenth applicant now. I'll see what I can do, normally we'll only use 6 but I'll get back to you"

Better then nothing I guess!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

In my school I had to write a letter saying why I would be a good in the job and talking about myself etc.

It was first come first serve in my school -excluding the known messers that is.

Lawliet wrote: »
    It was first come first serve in my school -excluding the known messers that is.

Probably the best way to do it. I'm not complaining though, I had a great two weeks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Probably the best way to do it. I'm not complaining though, I had a great two weeks :)

Pay isn't half bad either!

Fad wrote: »
    Pay isn't half bad either!

Definitely! I got close to €300 for sitting around reading and eating for two weeks, it was just like being at home.

Advertisement