Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 69er is BACK

Options
  • 09-05-2010 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭

I never thought it was gonna happen in super , but it has! That's right kids the phenomenon that is 69 is back.

I'm constantly seeing it, and I've only been playing the odd bit of super.

When I play though I'm playing as ibuki, so it must be something to do with the 3s characters.

(context : here and here )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Ha, I'll have to keep an eye out for it since I use the three 3S's pretty regularly XD

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I think Doom might have an issue with this statement...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Haha, I usually find its 57.

Started showing up as a percentage on just about every life in Smash Bros years ago and leaked out into every other facet of life.

I think its huge conspiracy and Heinz controls the world. :eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I think Doom might have an issue with this statement...

Indeed, 00 is where it's at.

I am sure Araforn will agree with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Indeed, 00 is where it's at.

I am sure Araforn will agree with me.

I certainly do!!. Who wants to end a match in 30 seconds, when u can have 99 of them trying to jump booms and etch some health away from everybodys favourite family man. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Tin.T

it call the "Murphy law", its when an event (in this case the time end at 69) happen, even if this event happened 1 time on 100 we will only pay attention on this event and over thinking about it. (learnt it from Poker ^^)
    I hope my english explication makes sense ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Indeed Tin, sure that point is usually brought up when this phenomenon is discussed. The reason why it does not eliminate it though is because if it was such a case, the 69 phenomenon would have persisted in SF4. But it was gone. Now its back in super.

Every time I play with ibuki against joe soaps online I'll get a large amount of these.

Tis back I tell thee!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not being superstitious , I'm saying its something to do with the mechanics of a character type versus a certain level of player and combinations of other elements.

Haven't had a session yet on this game where I've not seen this multiple times, I think its ibuki.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Played Sisko in 20 games there and 69 appeared 7 times.

WEIRD.

Even Tin was saying at the last causals before he left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Advertisement