Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Different results for Google organic search

Options
  • 09-05-2010 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I'm having some trouble figuring out this situation regarding search results on Google for some of my keywords.

I have a website, I've recently changed the site almost completely for better SEO and gooogle has indexed the new pages.

Here's where my problem begins, I have 2 laptops. One is a dell, the other a Sony. I develop the sites on the dell.

On the Sony, when I put my main keywords into google the site is No 3 on google web search. Sweet!

On the Dell, when I put my main keywords in my site is nowhere to be found! WTF?

I would have thought that any disrepency regarding ranking would be on the Dell as thats where 99% of all work associated with the site is done.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

make sure you are logged out of your google account on both machines and clear your cache on both and make sure that you are using the same google TLD on both machines (.ie vs .com)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭RedFly

Personalized search.

Install this:
    http://www.redflymarketing.com/internet-marketing-tools/google-global/

See how your search results REALLY look (tho those who have not visited your site before).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

and its the dogs bo11ox! great fun!

I used it for a local company here in an adwords campaign to see how other similar companies in other countries were pitching their adwords ads - very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭RedFly

Thank blue4ever!
    Chrome version almost ready. (Well, I'm using it now, but if you're feeling brave....)

Advertisement