Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bob Dylan In Thomond park

Options
  • 09-05-2010 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi all. Me and Hubby were thinking of bringing our two boys aged 12 to this concert. They both learn the guitar, love Dylans music and David Gray.
    I've never brought them to a concert before. With it being outdoors I'm thinking it'll be ok. What would you reckon?:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Well its far from Iron Maiden and if you buy yourself seated tickets then you will be happier. There would be nothing worse than standing on the pitch when the boys cannot see over all the adults.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

i gotta agree with Berty here. it would be different if they where a bit older they could make their way to the front but your prob best off getting a comfy seat and sitting back watching. it should be a good gig and if your lads like the guitar they will love Gray and Dillon

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Its not like there'll be a mosh pit, unless Dylan starts doing some Slayer covers :D

krudler wrote: »
    Its not like there'll be a mosh pit, unless Dylan starts doing some Slayer covers :D

no course not. but there will be taller people there than 12 year olds. at least they would be able to see everything if they where up in the seats.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Icky Thump wrote: »
    no course not. but there will be taller people there than 12 year olds. at least they would be able to see everything if they where up in the seats.

If the stage is anything like it was for Rod Stewart, then they'll have no problem seeing the acts no matter how tall they are. There should also be a big screen or two near the stage. The only way one's view would be obscured by taller patrons is if they expected to stand at the very front of the crowd, which really isn't necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Berty wrote: »
    Well its far from Iron Maiden and if you buy yourself seated tickets then you will be happier. There would be nothing worse than standing on the pitch when the boys cannot see over all the adults.

What's wrong with Iron Maiden?

As for 12yo kids at gigs. Why not? If they are into that music, then they will love it.

If the stage is anything like it was for Rod Stewart, then they'll have no problem seeing the acts no matter how tall they are. There should also be a big screen or two near the stage. The only way one's view would be obscured by taller patrons is if they expected to stand at the very front of the crowd, which really isn't necessary.
    fair enough. just sharing my experience. ive been to ALOT of gigs..................................

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Kess73 wrote: »
    What's wrong with Iron Maiden?

Nothing, she is just looking for some piece of mind that they 12 yo's won't be caught in a dance of death at the Dylan concert

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Ell69 wrote: »
    Hi all. Me and Hubby were thinking of bringing our two boys aged 12 to this concert. They both learn the guitar, love Dylans music and David Gray.
    I've never brought them to a concert before. With it being outdoors I'm thinking it'll be ok. What would you reckon?:cool:

I think most of the purple haze, nudity and casual sex has been dropped from Dylan concerts since the 60's.

Sadly.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Icky Thump wrote: »
    fair enough. just sharing my experience. ive been to ALOT of gigs..................................

No worries :) It's always good to get a variety of answers to these questions anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement