Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Arts Festival 2010

Options
  • 09-05-2010 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Any news as to when they will be announcing act's who will be playing at it this year? Or does anyone know of acts who will be playing it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

KC and the sunshine band :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭M.Pool

There haven't been any offical announcements yet. You can join their mailing list here http://www.galwayartsfestival.com
    If anyone has heard any rumours would love to hear them.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Kinda curious to know where the booking office is going to go this year, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    KC and the sunshine band :(

Seriously?

*books flights to Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

its human league and heaven 17 - are they joking???????

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Cathy Davey, Josh Ritter and Damo Dempsey for the Big Top. I am not impressed.

I appreciate they're trying to play it safe and cheap but bloody hell, you could throw a dart at a map of Ireland on a weekend and it would land on a venue where you'd see one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

its human league and heaven 17 - are they joking???????
    I saw the Human League at Electric Picnic a few years back and they were fcuking brilliant!

Not exactly chin stroking high brow but a great gig.

Wouldn't mind seeing Heaven 17 either for that matter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Bon Iver, Primal Scream and Spiritualised last year. This year, pure sh1te....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Iggy and the Stooges were possible but the Arse Festival got the Human League instead :(

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

It's a familiar story... *shrug

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

The music side of this Festival is a joke. And as for having gigs on in the Radisson. Finally, the ticket prices

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Time for another 'Project '06'/Fringe for 2011?

inisboffin wrote: »
    Time for another 'Project '06'/Fringe for 2011?

I agree completely. Project '10'! The Arts Festival has been terrible for years and Project 06 had the better events and the better parade really.

I agree completely. Project '10'! The Arts Festival has been terrible for years and Project 06 had the better events and the better parade really.

Probably too late to do it *properly* for this year, although I hear there may be mini dissents! ;)
    A good plan for next year would be great tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Couldn't agree more!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭M.Pool

Am going to both gigs in the Big Top and am really looking forward to them especially the trip back to the 80s with Human League.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Will def see Human League!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Does anyone know if the Galway Arts Festival takes on Volunteers? I would be very interested in helping out on the Admin. side of things for any such/similar projects taking place this year in Galway while I am out of work.

Does anyone know if the Galway Arts Festival takes on Volunteers? I would be very interested in helping out on the Admin. side of things for any such/similar projects taking place this year in Galway while I am out of work.

Yup, they do. A lot of the time it is ushering the larger events and stuff like that, but I know some people who have done volunteer in more administrative areas over the years. Pop them an email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Yeah had planned on rounding up a couple of festivals and things and popping them off an email. These things may have an element of marketing etc. amongst other aspects, so it's all beneficial and experience going forward .....

Thanks for your reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Divine Comedy is/are playing.
    Some good stuff 10/15 years ago (national express etc), haven't listened to anything since.
    Imagine it'll be a 'jolly happy' gig

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Imagineer

Pretty sure I saw something in the Advertiser yesterday about Rodrigo y Gabriela making a return to Big Top...

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭slave2thewage

Got a ticket from ticketmaster which confirms Rodrigo y Gabriella.

I might go to the Human League, saw them in the Black Box for free back in '06 and it was amazingly fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

well if you want to see them in 2010 they will cost you a whopping 38.50 .

somehow I think it will be packed with the "corporate friends" of the Farts Festival - yknow to fill up all the empty spaces with their free passes.

I wana see rodrigo y gabriela again anyway nd Divine Comedy would be good craic..

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

I wana see rodrigo y gabriela again anyway nd Divine Comedy would be good craic..

Have seen rod y gab a few times before will make sure I see them again espicially like thier versions of one and orion

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

Brad Mehldau :O

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

eagle10 wrote: »
    Have seen rod y gab a few times before will make sure I see them again espicially like thier versions of one and orion

Same here, we bought our tickets for rodrigo y gabriela straight away. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Saw Rod y Gab the last time they played the big top..enjoyed them but got a bit bored after the first say, 6 songs. But that is just me. Would love to see neil hannon /the divine comedy. Heard him on the radio during the week playing some of his new stuff live, love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

I'm looking forward to the Human League anyway and Enda Walsh's new play.

Advertisement