Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Arts Festival 2010

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

Looking forward to Human League and Heaven 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cs5

Just got our tickets for The Human League. Saw them at The Electric Picnic a few years ago and they were the best act of the entire weekend.
    For those who think Human League is just Don't You Want Me take a look (& listen) to these from 30 years ago:

The Black Hit Of Space
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCkpueqltSE

Circus Of Death
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tDZ3868QWk&feature=related

Being Boiled
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNrnmDmffRc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭WebGeek

I know it's a silly question :o but anyone got a ticket for sale for the divine comedy gig in Galway this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Hypnotic Brass Ensemble looks excellent. Hear they are awesome.

OOO Breakestra are playing tonight in the RD!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭samf

Saw Hypnotic Brass Ensemble a month ago in the Roisin Dubh and couldnt recommend them more, they're a band you have to see live!

I realise this may also be a long shot but if anyone knows of a spare ticket for apres match if you could let me know i'd be so happy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Not officially part of the Arts Festival but there's going to be a great gig in Kelly's Bar on Bridge St tonight. Four crackin' local bands are playing- Fling, The Rye, This Nachez and The Timbertramps. MC for the night is Mrs. Nellie Murphy (who has been known to trek around Boards).
    The gig starts at 8 pm and admission is a mere tenner. All proceeds to Access Music Project.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Was around town and there isn't the normal buzz around this year that I would associate with the Arts Festival

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

snubbleste wrote: »
    Was around town and there isn't the normal buzz around this year that I would associate with the Arts Festival

Arts Fest NEEDS more local and affordable shows
    Arts Festival needs another *proper* fringe!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I'm bored already, how long is this gonna go on for ??

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Tinder

Does anyone know if there is a park and ride facility for the parade on Sunday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Tinder wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a park and ride facility for the parade on Sunday?
    There's a parade on Sunday?

Huh, so there is. I had no idea there was a Street Performance part of the GAF.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

What did you think Féile Ealaíne na Gaillimhe was exactly??

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

snubbleste wrote: »
    What did you think Féile Ealaíne na Gaillimhe was exactly??
    What I saw on the main site:
    Theatre, Dance, Music, Comedy, Talks, Art pieces etc.

I missed the Street stuff completely.
    If it helps, I just moved to Galway 2 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

It's the Macnas Parade. Pretty much always been part of the festival happenings. Sometimes it is a night parade but this one is day.

No idea about parking, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jpt77

I have 2 tickets for Reginald D Hunter on Thurs 22 to swap for 2 tickets for for the Wednesday 21st gig. Can't go to the gig. Dying to see him. Hope it's ok to post this.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭citycentre

I'd highly recommend "Tusk Tusk"

http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article/28054

I went to see it not knowing what to expect at all and left completely blown away by both the play and the performances (including that of 7 or 8 year old Liam Lawton who was fantastic.).

Galway Youth Theatre's shows are always a highlight of the Arts Festival and this definitely lives up to their high standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ckeng

Never been to the Big Top before. Is there a bar?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

ckeng wrote: »
    Never been to the Big Top before. Is there a bar?

Coors light was the only drink they sold in the bar last year. Disgusting soap :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 whitewitchzita

citycentre wrote: »
    I'd highly recommend "Tusk Tusk"

http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article/28054

I went to see it not knowing what to expect at all and left completely blown away by both the play and the performances (including that of 7 or 8 year old Liam Lawton who was fantastic.).

Galway Youth Theatre's shows are always a highlight of the Arts Festival and this definitely lives up to their high standards.

The young boys name is Liam Loewen.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ckeng

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Coors light was the only drink they sold in the bar last year. Disgusting soap :(
    Cheers - not a big drinker so I'm ok. I fear I'll have 4 angry sober companions though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Have 2 tickets to Josh Ritter/Cathy Davey/Damien Dempsey on Friday, but I can't go now... :(
    Available at better than face value! PM me

Advertisement