Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Stoke City

• 09-05-2010 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭

680.pngV.png721.png

Barclays Premier League
    Sunday, 9th May 2010
    Old Trafford, Manchester
    KO 16.00 BST

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Valencia's injured so hopefully we start with something like this:
    VDS
    O'Shea, Evans, Vidic, Evra
    Nani, Fletcher, Scholes, Park
    Berbatov, Rooney.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I want to see Hargreaves for at least 20 minutes today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

I want to see Hargreaves for at least 20 minutes today!

First off I want to be comfortably winning, then I will think about Hargreaves if we are in that position.

Also want Rooney to out score Drogba today and get the golden boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Does any United fan really think there is any hope in hell that Wigan will do anything other then get thumped at moscow bridge ?

Seriously, I know I will get excited before the game (for no logical reason), but Im nearly more excited about cutting my grass (fairly new lawn, so for first time my garden will look awesome !), then these two games . .:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Reckon United will win but so will Chelsea.

Hargreaves should definitely be given a role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

think united will win going to be a tough game sadly think chelsea going to win lets hope not id only use haregreves if united winning comfortabley

Drumpot wrote: »
    Does any United fan really think there is any hope in hell that Wigan will do anything other then get thumped at moscow bridge ?

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Drumpot wrote: »

GUBU comes to mind..apart from the Grotesque bit if it were to happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I'm really anxious now, I just want the match to start already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

I had like 3/4 dreams last night about these matches and not one of them went our way :( ....chelsea won in all the dreams.although saying that my before match dreams have never been near right, before, so fingers crossed..

• Advertisement

I dont feel any nerves at all.

I presume that is because I am confident of a Chelsea win.

With any luck they might get a sending off or a dodgy peno against.

I really dont think any team has been stand out brilliant in this seasons campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

redout wrote: »
    I dont feel any nerves at all.

I presume that is because I am confident of a Chelsea win.

With any luck they might get a sending off or a dodgy peno against.

I really dont think any team has been stand out brilliant in this seasons campaign.

I'm the same - just looking forward to seeing the game this afternoon - hoping for a good performance and an enjoyable game. Don't see Chelsea slipping up vs Wigan, so I feel the league is already gone. I do feel United have to play the game in the belief Chelsea are going to drop points though, we need to play with belief, even if it is a long shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I don't want Hargreaves to play, don't want him to go to the World Cup. Give him 5 minutes at the end and let him focus on next season.

I think we can win this game, the real question will be answered elsewhere. As such, the pressure is off, and I'm just going to relax and enjoy the last game I see United play for about 2 months :)

Broadcasters around Europe dont have much faith in United it would seem - understandable given the points situation.

Only 20 broadcasters have decided to show the United game while 34 will broadcast the Chelsea game.

For those that dont regularly check this its quite low for United who ususally always have the highest amount of broadcasters relaying games.

VDS

Neville
    Rio
    Vidic
    Evra

Nani
    Fletcher
    Scholes
    Giggs

Rooney
    Berbatov

Kiko, Gibson, Foster, Park, Carrick, O'Shea, Evans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Berbatov to score twice. He will end the season with some promise. Is Obertan injured?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Happy with that team, even if the three are playing together.

Lots of protesting against the Glazers going on today according to reports.

Unfortunately, it appears that a smoke bomb was let off in the megastore, injurying one person (reported by DTGuardian on twitter) which is an absolute disgrace if true.

Berbatov to score twice. He will end the season with some promise. Is Obertan injured?

not entirely sure. Did come off injured vs Villa reserves on Monday afternoon (only last 10minutes or so) and had an ice pack strapped to his hamstring when sitting on the bench. So he did get injured at the start of the week, but don't know if that is why he is not on the bench today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

hargo not even on the bench

lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Headshot wrote: »

lol

delighted he's not on it tbh, don't want him anywhere near the world cup.

lordgoat wrote: »
    delighted he's not on it tbh, don't want him anywhere near the world cup.

you honestly think he had a chance of the WC ?

no chance in hell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

Berbatov to score twice. He will end the season with some promise.

Hopefully he can end his United career with a goal or two. Utd looked toothless when Rooney was missing this season. Berbatov has been lacking effort since he signed and now seems to be lacking confidence too. If Milan are stupid enough to take him off our hands they can have him. The Blackburn game was the last straw for me he was pathetic that day and in hindsight has prob cost Utd the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

CoalBucket wrote: »
    Hopefully he can end his United career with a goal or two. Utd looked toothless when Rooney was missing this season. Berbatov has been lacking effort since he signed and now seems to be lacking confidence too. If Milan are stupid enough to take him off our hands they can have him. The Blackburn game was the last straw for me he was pathetic that day and in hindsight has prob cost Utd the title.

You mean the Blackburn game where he created every attacking manouvre first half, until he was reposition and made uneffective.

He hardly caused united the title, he wasnt given the chance to win it : /

You cant expect to leave a big name out of big matches, play him week on week off, and expect him to produce magic....

lol

Why would Fergie want him to be? He's not going to influence the game and all it does is open him up to the World Cup.

PHB wrote: »
    Why would Fergie want him to be? He's not going to influence the game and all it does is open him up to the World Cup.

why ?

because the more game time he gets the better he'll be

hell even what saf did last week would be a beneficial to hargo today

this wc crap again *sigh* you honestly think a player who barely played 2 mins this season and if he played 10-20 mins from the bench today would get into the wc squad ?

bonkers stuff

Hargreaves was England's best player at their last international touranment. He is the best English defensive midfielder. And also, he doenst miss penalties like the rest of the squad. If he coulda shown himself to be fit today, I've no doubt that Capello would have strongly considered taking him.

Now, there's pretty much no chance of it, I hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

TheDoc wrote: »
    You mean the Blackburn game where he created every attacking manouvre first half, until he was reposition and made uneffective.

He hardly caused united the title, he wasnt given the chance to win it : /

You cant expect to leave a big name out of big matches, play him week on week off, and expect him to produce magic....

You mean the one ball he laid off to Nani which was played through to Valencia one on one with Robinson. Or are you refering to the ball he plucked out of the air and played to Nani which was fed to Macheda.

He did nothing in that game and has done next to nothing all season bar the odd bit of wonderful control.

I like every other United supporter wanted to see Berbatov become a success at Utd but he just doesn't cut it. The reason he is not playing week in week out is he doesn't deserve to.

Fergies formation in the bigger games is one up front, not only because of defensive strenght but also because Berbatov wants to stroll around all day and flick the ball around a bit.

He has been given enough of chances. Fergie doesn't drop players because they are performing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

I wonder is it because stoke are a pretty tough, physical team and psychologically hargreaves might think he could get injured?? It does seem crazy that he's not on the bench after the 15 second cameo last week. And Even if he played 90 mins today there's no way he'd make the WC squad for god sake!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Will Berbatov win it for united and be a Hero for ever if they win the Premiership

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

What's the point in wanting hargreaves to play for 20 minutes before the game starts?
    Other than having something else negative to say? The thing to do that actually makes some sense is to wait til preseason, where the games won't be as competitive, he'll have more time on the ball, to get confidence, and will actually make some progress towards coming back next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Come on United!

What's the point in wanting hargreaves to play for 20 minutes before the game starts?
    Other than having something else negative to say? The thing to do that actually makes some sense is to wait til preseason, where the games won't be as competitive, he'll have more time on the ball, to get confidence, and will actually make some progress towards coming back next season.

ah the reserves arent really competive and he only played 45mins for them, whats the point of him training in the first team if he aint going to play

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

ah the reserves arent really competive and he only played 45mins for them, whats the point of him training in the first team if he aint going to play

Probably because they want his fitness to be equal to the rest of the first team squad. I doubt if the reserves train as intensively.

Chelsea in front.

• Advertisement

Ah sh*te. Looked a hint of offside with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,210 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Yeah it was definitely offside. :(

Probably because they want his fitness to be equal to the rest of the first team squad. I doubt if the reserves train as intensively.

why wouldnt they ?

it would suprise me if the reserves and 1st team dont have the same training levels

probably the only reason he was put in the 1st team was a mental thing, anyway im getting tired of talking about a crock so back to the match

Nani has started pretty well

Ah fúck off Berbatov!

Thank god Berba's season is over today.

• Advertisement

what a crap header

and do you hear the commentator "he's good in the air" talking out his ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Ah Berbs :(

Such a tame header

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Unlucky Evra. Great run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Committed defending from Stoke, just like against Chelsea.....oh wait:rolleyes:

Berbatov should just put a gun to his head.

Story of Berba's season really.

Berbatov should just put a gun to his head.

He'd hit someone in the crowd.

What's nuts about Berbatov is that he used to be good at heading. He's still good at heading in terms of flick ons and such, but he just can't finish for **** atm.

He'd hit someone in the crowd.

I love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Good stuff Fletch.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Advertisement
Advertisement