Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible ATM skimming in Lucan

• 09-05-2010 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭

I found and reported 5 fraudulent transactions on my bank statement.
    Only started on May 6th.

Anyways, since I only use my bank card in ATM's, I suspect it may have been skimmed in one of the Lucan ATM machines.

* Skimmed means someone inserts a small card reader in the ATM machine and copies the details of your card.

Anyways, the bank is investigating it.
    So I'd suggest ye check your statements.

The reason I suspect it was in Lucan and not the city centre is that one of the fraudulent transactions mentioned Lucan.

"<snip>, LUCAN"

Of the ATM machines I use around the area, the ones which are out in the open ( not inside in shops ) are

1. Outside Superquinn shopping centre main entrance.
    2. Outside Eurospar in Ballyowen shopping centre.
    3. Outside Liffey Valley shopping centre main entrance

So just keep an eye out, and I suggest ye check your bank statements immediately if you used the ATM's around Lucan in the last month.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yep keep vigilant, people. My next door neighbour by accident lifted off a skimming device from the ATM at Centra in Foxborough (Lucan) last year. She showed it to me and a Garda called out to retrieve it from her. The Garda said it was mainly Romanian and Nigerian criminal gangs that were at ATM skimming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭BehindTheScenes

Same thing happened to me in tesco at the Ulster Bank machine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,892 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

what kind of card is it has it a magnetic strip or has it the chip on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Same thing happened to me in tesco at the Ulster Bank machine

Oh, I used that machine too !

But I didn't think the skimmers would be brazen enough to install the skimming device in a store with a load of store cameras around. That's why I only listed the ATM's outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭Heroditas

My card was skimmed.
    I noticed a few foreign transactions carried out that were dated last weekend so got it cancelled instantly. Turns out they had been carried out in Kenya!

I wonder if it was skimmed outside Superquinn or the one outside Eurospar. I use them reasonably regularly and they would be the only "outside" ones I use to any great extent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

My card was skimmed and the transactions were in Russia.

I was in Russia a few months back so it could of been then, but ive used my card in Lucan over the last few weeks to...

Advertisement