Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GEOG20090 Migration in the World Economy

Options
  • 09-05-2010 12:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭

Hey guys
    I missed the last lecture of this. It says "MCQ" on the timetable...is it a 2 hour MCQ exam??

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

It is a mixture of a MCQ, short answer questions and an essay but I'd say the essay needn't be too long because if it was,we wouldn't have sufficient time to do it. Of the seven modules I did this semester, I found this one the most frustrating.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

What makes you say that?

I know I didn't enjoy the 2-hour lecture timeslot and the disappearance of lecture notes from Blackboard after a week (a nightmare for a chronic procrastinater!).

I liked the two hour timeslot because it was only once a week and I went to every lecture so I had downloaded the notes when I got into class.What I found frustrating is that her mistake resulted in 40+ people (myself included) being marked down instead of being left alone.Her teaching style isn't exactly my favourite either but I had her last year for a couple of weeks and she was fine,guess its just the module I dislike and not her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

I was looking at the past-papers. The layout slightly changes between last years Semester 2 and this years Semester 1 (resit) papers.

In last years Paper it was:

20 MCQs - worth 1 point each - 20 in total.

10 True/False questions - worth 1 point each - 10 in total.

5 Short Answers (1-3 Sentence answers) - 2 points each - 10 in total.

4 Short Essay (4-7 Sentences) - 5 points each - 20 in total.

Total of 60% + 40% from the Mid-term.

This years Semester 1 (resit):

10 MCQs worth 3% each - 30%

2 Short Essays (4-7 Sentences) - 10% each - 20%

2 Essays (2-3 pages) - 25% each - 50%

I was just wondering if She gave a clear layout in the lecture as to how this years will be layed out? i.e. 2-3 page essays or majority of short/MCQs.

Just looked at it there,somewhat better format I guess. But I think its an absolute disgrace on her part that we have no choice on the essay questions among her other choices in the module.

• Advertisement
Advertisement