Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which high end Full sus mtb

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Nice bikes, the lot of them, but you have picked out two from two different FS bikes.

The longer travel 140mm+ tend to be more "free ride" and the 100mm tend to be aimed at XC.

The freeride are heavier (ish) as they are probably stronger, and have the longer travel that messing about brings.

The XC are effectively only using the travel to keep the wheels on the ground most of the time but are lighter but not comfort oriented (as much).

So, you have a choice in my view of either the Specialized Epic, or the LaPierre 510 in the XC category, or the FSR or 524 in the FreeRide category.

Personally, I have an epic (albeit 08 instead of the newer design) and love it, but then I don't like lots of soft suspension so have tuned it to be quite stiff, and only react to bigger hits.

The Epic/FSR suspension design is quite good in my opinion, and works very well actively under braking - I have no experience of the LaPierre bikes so they may well be as good. Their rear triangle design appears to be similar to the Giant Anthem one, which might be another consideration for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Do you prefer climbing or descending?
    Do you have any intention of racing?

They're all great bikes. The Epic and X-Control will be fast, steep angled, sharp handing racey bikes. Probably (slightly) better for long distances too. The Stumpy and Zesty will be more fun on steep technical trails and still pretty good on the climbs. It depends on what kind of riding you're into really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 337 ✭✭Sacred_git

Hey Guys, thanks for the replies, prefer the downhill but ya gotta get up em too, but we really do a bit of everything, trails and off road more technical stuff, managed to have a look at the lapierres (kinda) today and i must say we were impressed, the x control was lovely but i found it a little uncomfortable and the tyres werent the best, definitely a cross country bike, don't think id feel safe descending fast on it, can always change the tyres of course, tis a lot stiffer though, the 514's are sold out,might have to stake one out on the web, i tried the 714 which is the top model, fcuking unreal and lovely comfortable too, great tyres and i just know by the feel and the tyres id be confident descending and doing technical stuff, will check out the specials in the next few days. My mates were really impressed too and their hardcore specialized heads!! Anybody know where to buy lapierres online?
    Anybody else any opinions

I should add the bike that blue us all away was the Lapierre spicey(or something like that), 600 more though but fcuking unreal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

tires are so important.......

how was the bike?

Advertisement