Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 BB month contract?

• 09-05-2010 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

Lads,

Does anyone know if any of the broadband providers provide 6 month contracts instead of 12? 7 months left on our lease and i presume if we get a 12month contract they'll make us pay out the remainder of the contract if we do move out?

Was hoping to go with Smart...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Smart is definitely 12 months. eircom used to do 6 month contracts, but I don't know if that's still the case. Think it's all 12 months minimum now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

And does anyone know who has the cheapest cancellation fee? Ive had a look at a few websites now and they dont seem to say it.

I think i have to go with Eircon though, I've heard the send a big bill to you if you activate the line and then immediatly move to another provider, which is what I intended to do. They're such a rip of...

Im sure though who ever i go with will be so crap that i'll be able to get out of the contract on service issues...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

If you're interested in Smart they can activate the phone line for you, means you don't have to go near Eircom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,351 ✭✭✭naughto

same with vodafone they dont charge to to see if your line can take broadband.eircom wanted to charge 25euro to do the same the bastards

Its to late the line is now active.

Smart told me twice that that i had to get Eircom to activate the line. Vodafone told me they could activate my line, then they told me they couldnt.

Eircom charging 55euro for 3mb, unreal. Its a disgrace...if i could of got NTL or the wireless connections I would of...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

Eircom charging 55euro for 3mb, unreal. Its a disgrace..

Does that include free calls and line rental or is it just for the 3 MB broadband? :confused:

i dont know! There is bundles for around 55euro and broadband only for 29.99. I dont know what includes line rental and and what doesnt though, the site isnt very clear.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

i dont know! There is bundles for around 55euro and broadband only for 29.99. I dont know what includes line rental and and what doesnt though, the site isnt very clear.
    Odd I found no package at 55 EUR but the two I found at 3MB where very clearly outlined what was included like this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

What they don't make clear is whether line rental is included in the price. This 8Mbps NGB for example is €39.82, no mention of line rental, which is €26, and I don't think 8Mb broadband is as cheap as €14.

jor el wrote: »
    What they don't make clear is whether line rental is included in the price. This 8Mbps NGB for example is €39.82, no mention of line rental, which is €26, and I don't think 8Mb broadband is as cheap as €14.

Thats exactly it. i rang them there a minute ago and after waiting about 15mins i got a bloke that could not speak English. How they do pass these people through interview? Its crazy...I ended up just having to hang up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Anybody know definitively if Eircom BB is 6 or 12 month contract?

We got eircom 3mb broadband in just before christmas,we dont even have a phone plugged into the line,just use the broadband and its €51 pm!

UPC guy rang the other day and said their fibre thingy bb is now available here and I can get 15mb for €32 from them.

Really tempted to go with them but need to now if our contract is 6 or 12 months.

Anybody know definitively if Eircom BB is 6 or 12 month contract?

We got eircom 3mb broadband in just before christmas,we dont even have a phone plugged into the line,just use the broadband and its €51 pm!

UPC guy rang the other day and said their fibre thingy bb is now available here and I can get 15mb for €32 from them.

Really tempted to go with them but need to now if our contract is 6 or 12 months.

as far as i know the line rental is 6months if you signed up after 1st december, but i think your package will be 12 months.

Advertisement