Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast to Bangor?

Options
  • 09-05-2010 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi, I urgently need accomodation for one night in June in Bangor but unfortunatly everywhere seems to be booked up so am thinking of staying in Belfast.

Can anyone recommend some cheap accomodation (hostel/b&b etc.) in belfast, and does anyone know how much a taxi from belfast to bangor would be?

Am going to snow patrol on 5 june and am panicking cos havent been able to sort out accomodation and haven't a clue about public transport :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mackthefinger

When they played the same venue a few years back, I know Translink
    organised buses between Bangor and Belfast. Keep an eye on the website,
    I'm sure they'll be doing the same. I'd say theres a lot of people in the
    same situation as you.

There's a few decent priced hotels in Belfast such as Days and travelodge
    which are close to the bus/train station on Great Victoria St.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

If you are going to the gig then I'm sure there will be plenty of transportation organised between Belfast to Bangor. In any case there are frequent trains and buses on the route. A taxi normally isn't any more than £20. Check the translink website http://www.translink.co.uk/ (it's totally crap and hard to find anything but with patience you will see what the craic is).

As for accomodation...good question!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mullyfive0

I_am_LOST wrote: »
    Hi, I urgently need accomodation for one night in June in Bangor but unfortunatly everywhere seems to be booked up so am thinking of staying in Belfast.

Can anyone recommend some cheap accomodation (hostel/b&b etc.) in belfast, and does anyone know how much a taxi from belfast to bangor would be?

Am going to snow patrol on 5 june and am panicking cos havent been able to sort out accomodation and haven't a clue about public transport :(

Looking on Hostelworld.com, there is plenty of Hostel accommodation.

Regards transport, as mentioned above, translink are organising Special trains & buses from Belfast. You'll be back about midnight after the gig.

www.translink.co.uk , on the front page you'll see 'Snow patrol Specials'

Bus from Europa Station, Trains from Cental Station.

Where are you coming from ?
    You'll need to arrive, check-in at hostel then get to train or bus station in time. Might be worth your while coming up & staying 2 nights in Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Travel information and public transport provision for teh Snow patrol concer in Bangor:

http://www.translink.co.uk/snowpatrolbusesandtrains.asp

• Advertisement
Advertisement