Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Popular pop songs of the 80s that teens would like nowadays?

Options
  • 09-05-2010 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering if there were any pop songs of the 80s that teens would like/Love now adays???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

:eek: where do we start!!!! pretty much everything at different times.
    Madonna, her good years! Cyndi lauper, megadeth, metallica, all the glam rock era!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭molloyjazz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Without question the eighties was the most musically bankrupt of all decades. Truly awful time for music but thankfully we some great bands to get us through on the indie front.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Without question the eighties was the most musically bankrupt of all decades. Truly awful time for music but thankfully we some great bands to get us through on the indie front.

Absolutely disagree. Lots of great music came from the 80s.

Yeah sure there was some good stuff the Smiths and New Order and the Pogues. But Pop music was absolutely awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Yeah sure there was some good stuff the Smiths and New Order and the Pogues. But Pop music was absolutely awful.

Yeah I suppose, some catchy nostalgic numbers though all these years later! Although is any decade good for 'pop' music?

Nineties I thought was good.

Nineties I thought was good.

What was good from the 90s in your opinion? That decade for me was all about electronic music so kinda hard to remember what pop music stood out.

What was good from the 90s in your opinion? That decade for me was all about electronic music so kinda hard to remember what pop music stood out.
    There was a better spread of music really. You had bands like Nirvana, Oasis, Stone Roses all making it big commercially which wasnt happening in the eighties.

• Advertisement

There was a better spread of music really. You had bands like Nirvana, Oasis, Stone Roses all making it big commercially which wasnt happening in the eighties.

Yeah but I wouldn't class Nirvana, Oasis (well, borderline), Stone Roses etc to be typically 'pop'. In the 80s there was The Cure, The Smiths, Joy Division/New Order, Depeche Mode, Cocteau Twins to name a few that would compare to those you've listed for the 90s. I suppose an area of the 80s that is frowned upon and maybe more remembered for is the whole 'synth pop' element which brought a new electronic/synthetic sound to pop music. There was lots of crap in the 80s, but equally the 90s and 00s... just as there will be in the 10s, 20s etc (assuming we get that far!).

In the eighties we had that whole SAW phenomenon which I found to be very cynical exericsie in terms of getting airtime for acts who didnt really have much to say. To be fair Madness came out with the odd good song while Bananarama in their early carnation were a bit of fun. But overall I hated the eighties as a rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

Ha... each to their own :)

Im not gonna list but, films still running walk the dinosaur and kids wanting paula abdul says it all while other ****e such as the 90's and the last decade fade into my toilet :D

Again I will argue that the Nineties was more inclusive in terms of indie bands charting. I remember the eighties vividly and some of the stuff churned out particulary stuff like the SAW acts was awful.
    It has improved considerably since then.

Advertisement