Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

windows 7 1024x768

• 09-05-2010 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

currently working on a mchine that has me limited to a 15 inch monitor that cannot display higher than 1024x768, I dont mind really except for the fact that everything is huge on the screen, have made icons smaller and firefox has a zoom feature, but everything is still rather big and clunky, I can change dpi to make everything bigger (upto 125%) but is there anyway to go the reverse and make everything that bit smaller?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

ARE you using the correct windows 7 graphics driver, or is the monitor only able to display 1024x768.Go to control panel, hardware,system, what graphics card have you got.You may need to install the correct graphics card
    driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

ive been using a 19 inch tv with vga at a much higher res for a good while now. monitor, its an old hyundai l50s so id say im running the max

Thats just windows 7, nothing you can do really as it is designed for much higher resolutions than 1024x768. I installed it for a mate on an old advent laptop with the same resolution and no amount of tweaking visual settings made it useable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭softdancomputer

7 is running just fine on 1024x768. Make sure you have the right drivers (let 7 find them) installed for you.

Advertisement