Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Chicken Wings?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

By chance I just noticed this place called Yum on camden streets menu. They have Ghost wings which require a disclaimer to be signed before eating. Extremely hot. Anyone tried them. Heres the menu
    http://blog.grabone.ie/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Yum.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

First guess would be that the disclaimer is a gimmick but would be interested in any feedback anyone has!

Probably a bit off both. A gimmick and maybe necessary in this day. Either way ill be trying them pretty soon. Hopefully this week some time . Will update when I do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

for any of you travelling wings fans.....

Hudson Bar , gresham st , Belfast.

best wings ive had , well impressed! got a portion between me and my girlfriend as a snack , 4.25 and was a mountain of wings , sauce was perfect.

Ok so I went to Yum last night for the ghost wings. Firstly they will ask you what hot sauces you have tried before so they can get a feeling of what level of heat your used too so they can make the sauce accordingly.
    Well, to say these were hot is an understatement. The burn off them lasts quite a while. I managed to finish them all with the help of some milk and bread. The bread apparently eases the burn afterwards.
    The chef came out afterwards and I was talking to him. He made mine 'mild' . He I hoping to have the hottest sauce in Ireland. Would recommend this place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Slunk wrote: »
    Ok so I went to Yum last night for the ghost wings. Firstly they will ask you what hot sauces you have tried before so they can get a feeling of what level of heat your used too so they can make the sauce accordingly.
    Well, to say these were hot is an understatement. The burn off them lasts quite a while. I managed to finish them all with the help of some milk and bread. The bread apparently eases the burn afterwards.
    The chef came out afterwards and I was talking to him. He made mine 'mild' . He I hoping to have the hottest sauce in Ireland. Would recommend this place.

WOW they look tatsy..... They also look very hot :eek:

I love my wings but don't think I'd be able. Can just about hack franks hot sauce :o

Fair Play :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Slunk wrote: »
    Well, to say these were hot is an understatement. The burn off them lasts quite a while.

compared to other hot sauces how hot were they? say nandos xtra hot is a 5.

I haven't tried nandos. I've had Frank's 4x and that's pretty weak in comparison. Similarly I can eat siracha and mics inferno fairly easily. But the beauty is you can tell the chef what sauces you have eaten already and make the sauce accordingly. He seems to know his stuff when it comes to this. Says he has spent ages making and testing hot sauces. Just go in and tell him what you have tried and how much more heat your looking for.

Advertisement