Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perception and Images

• 09-05-2010 4:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm working on a dissertation in sociology about development adverts and ethics, and I'm trying to find a way to deal with or explain or describe the relationship between images and individuals.

I've looked through sociological and philosophical theories, but I'm not really happy with anything I've found. So, I was wondering what schools/authors in psychology might be worth looking at?

I'm thinking of looking at Richard Gregory and maybe Gestalt psychology? I did some psychology modules as an undergrad, and some psychoanalytic theory, but at the same time I haven't got too much time, so if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it!

Comments

Advertisement