Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Free texts and calls

Options
  • 09-05-2010 4:38pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Do meteor still have this offer available? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

They do, if you topup €20 every 30 days

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JayoMac32

just text 'talk and text' to 50104 before you top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

wish they applied that to bill pay :S dont understand why pay as you go get free texts and calls when billpay i pay 30 quid a month and cant :( only get 200 free mins and texts and 1Gb internet allowance :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

wish they applied that to bill pay :S dont understand why pay as you go get free texts and calls when billpay i pay 30 quid a month and cant :( only get 200 free mins and texts and 1Gb internet allowance :S
    Maybe it's because you get a heavily subsidised phone on billpay ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

While on the subject: I just got one of my kids a Samsung Cara. He was hoping to switch from PAYG to Billpay, as he doesn't make a huge amount of calls, but would probably use data/internet frequently, and it looks like the BillPay Lite (€10) with internet add-on on (€5) would suit best (€15pm).

However, I see that you have to be 18 (he's just turned 16). Is there any way around this (e.g. parent act as guarantor), or would we have to sign-up ourselves and give him the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Thanks Captain Morgan. I would trust him with with a Bill-Pay phone (trust but verify!). Best of both looks ideal, but at €25pm (including data) it's just too expensive (€120 extra per year, sim-free). Looks like I may have to go with the last option (sign up myself and give him the sim). I guess he can't port his number for this option.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

so im old now just because i got bill pay :( and my mother has PAYG so shes young now? :D

i get your point but i dont understand why cant people who pay more and are loyal to the company get atleast the same amount of value as those who pay less and can leave the service provider at any minute...seems a bit odd?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Just another question for those in the know. Which networks offer free an network texts on PAYG is any.

Thanks for all your help

They all have plans for unlimited any network texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,392 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Whats the number to change the phone number over to another person? GF is already on the call plan under this offer, wants to change the 'free' number to mine. She doesn't have to use 50104 does she?

Mushy wrote: »
    Whats the number to change the phone number over to another person? GF is already on the call plan under this offer, wants to change the 'free' number to mine. She doesn't have to use 50104 does she?

All meteor numbers are free, not just one. I think your getting mixed up

Advertisement