Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help for claiming tax back

Options
  • 09-05-2010 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

I heard I can claim back money for my refuse charges.... And also tax paid over past few years? I was let go from work 4 years ago and was pregnant and I have 2 kids now and am single. At the moment I am totally strande and need to save money for a good car. I thought this might help.. Can I make claim online? Also I couldnt find a P45 or P60 I dont remember getting anything since finishing work. I think the social have my P.45? Please advise me on what I need and shuold do. Dire Straits!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭jockey#1

Best thing to do is register for PAYE anytime on www.revenue.ie then you can make the claim for the previous four years. Once you register online (the process can take over two weeks!) you will see what your earnings have been for the previous few years. Please note that if you are in receipt of any social welfare payment this may be taxable depending on what type you are receiving.

You won't need your P45 or P60 in order to claim your tax back, just apply for a P21 balancing statement. You may also be entitled to claim the one parent family tax credit depending on your personal circumstances. Check revenue.ie for your eligibility.

Best of luck

Jockey

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

There's a big stickied thread with a few thousand hits that way ^^^^

Advertisement