Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless help

• 09-05-2010 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Please help...
    I foolishly chose to update my Norton to version 4 and since doing that my Belkin USB wireless has stopped working. The icon for belkin in network connections is also gone. I uninstalled Norton and reinstalled the Belkin drivers but the Belkin icon still seems to be searching for a network but never seems able to connect.
    Any help or advice please...am pulling my hear out.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Is Windows trying to control the wireless connection instead? I know that there's an option to choose to do just that. Also, you seemed to contradict yourself by saying firstly that the "icon for belkin in network connections is ... gone" but then saying that the "Belkin icon still seems to be searching for a network". However, in the latter, I assume you are referring to the small icon in the bottom-right of the screen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭softdancomputer

Isn't this already asked by you?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wtd2008

Thanks Kevster...The belkin icon in Network connections is gone but I get the little Belkin icon searching for a network. I cannot find how to do configuration of the connection with it missing from Network connections....

Yes Softdan I did post it already...just trying to get some help as the last post didn't get any replies....hope that is ok?

what OS?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wtd2008

I am using Windows XP...this is so frustrating....tried everything I can think of...bar buying a new Belkin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

If you have an icon next to the clock, "searching for a network", double-click it and click properties button (edit: if you are using Belkin software, this may not hold true). Odd that you can't see adapter in Network Connections. What does DeviceManager say ?

wtd2008 wrote: »
    I am using Windows XP...this is so frustrating....tried everything I can think of...bar buying a new Belkin.
    Try using Windows Zero Configuration for the wireless

Advertisement