Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kodak 126 Film

• 09-05-2010 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, anyone know where I can pick some of this up before charlville, The GF bought this today in a market:

Kodak Instamatic 155X

2178204973_e005b2db7b.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

126 is very difficult to find because it's a cartridge film.

You'll probably have to look online for someone who cuts down 120 film to 126 with the right sprocket structure & loads it into used 126 cartridges.

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

i've seen them on e-bay a few times - here's some 2004 expired in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭3-D Preacher

Heebie wrote: »
    126 is very difficult to find because it's a cartridge film.

You'll probably have to look online for someone who cuts down 120 film to 126 with the right sprocket structure & loads it into used 126 cartridges.

Good luck!

It's actually not that hard to reload 126 cartridges with 35mm film, both film types are the same size. You will have to be careful while opening the cartridge in a darkroom/light-tight bag and remember to cover the window on the back. The camera will need extra sealing as well.

A much better explanation:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuhM7McQOpc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

I have one in my instamatic at the moment. Took me a few months to get one that wasn't extortionate (I paid 7 quid inc P&P for one that expired in 1990 - there were places asking 30 quid just for postage) and I intend to refill it with 35mm. Must get around to that...

That cartridge posted above isn't bad at all..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭Yv

It's actually not that hard to reload 126 cartridges with 35mm film, both film types are the same size. You will have to be careful while opening the cartridge in a darkroom/light-tight bag and remember to cover the window on the back. The camera will need extra sealing as well.

You just made my day! I have an Instamatic gathering dust on my bookshelf - my friend gave it to me with a 1980s 126 cartridge he found in a charity shop a while back; the film is obviously useless by now, but I never realised you could just refill the cartridges with 35mm.

Here goes..!

• Advertisement
Advertisement