Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Congratulations Chelsea

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Great to see Terry out there enjoying the day with his kids. A proper family man!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

well done chelsea, they won it in style today..
    we'll see ye next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

monkey9 wrote: »
    Great to see Terry out there enjoying the day with his kids. A proper family man!!

Good way to check out the other players mots for future reference though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

CSF wrote: »
    Not necessarily, no. We're like most clubs really. Most clubs aren't like Chelsea though. Most clubs carry themselves with a bit of class. Drogba's tantrum was symptomatic of the distinct lack of class throughout the club.

GTFO TBH, you really shouldn't come onta a thread that is titled "congratulations chelsea" if you didnt want to see/hear them being congratulated...

Time to get working on a better song for next year though lads , surely we can do better than "champions, champions, champions" or "thats why were champions", lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,832 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Well done to Chelesa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That announcer guy looks like a shoddy Mickey Pearce knock off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Yep, and well done to Drogba. IMO still the best striker in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭CSF

GTFO TBH, you really shouldn't come onta a thread that is titled "congratulations chelsea" if you didnt want to see/hear them being congratulated...

Time to get working on a better song for next year though lads , surely we can do better than "champions, champions, champions" or "thats why were champions", lol!
    I don't think forums really work on the 'if you've nothing good to say.......' philosophy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

FARKING YEAHHHHHH BOY!!!!!!

KAMON THE BLUES!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Well done Chelsea !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

Well done Carlow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

baz2009 wrote: »

oh no!!!!

you have ruined my day !!!!!!

:rolleyes:

MY BLOOD IS BLUE!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uK-Xvrk5AU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

fair play chelsea, well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

An amazing season capped off on the final day, and what a final day it was, the nearest rivals knock in 4, we knock in 8, a point in it at the very end.
    you couldnt write this stuff.

an entirely satisfied footy fan today,

kamon the blues!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭mobby

CHELSEA FC CHAMPIONS 2010 :D Read and Weep Man Uth Read and Weep...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,376 ✭✭✭✭muffler

mobby wrote: »
    CHELSEA FC CHAMPIONS 2010 :D Read and Weep Man Uth Read and Weep...
    Its only on loan...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

muffler wrote: »
    Its only on loan...

Excactly, cos City are coming after it next year (supposedly):D:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Great to see someone else get a chance, thoroughly deserved.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Deelighted :D And well deserved too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Congrats. Worthy champions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

L'prof wrote: »
    Great to see someone else get a chance, thoroughly deserved.

Plucky lil Chelsea eh?!

JPA wrote: »
    Plucky lil Chelsea eh?!

I don't care that it's Chelsea as long as United didn't win 4 in a row! Don't worry, City will get their chance soon enough ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

the_monkey wrote: »
    MY BLOOD IS BLUE!!

Yeah, you might want to log off and see someone about that... :)

One thing I notice about these celebrations and as a Rovers and fair-weather Liverpool fan, I've been watching a fair few recently.....is the song not Campiones rather than Championes..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Wanted United to win only for the fact that they would have broke a record and won 4 in a row.

But congrats to Chelsea, finished in style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

papagormo wrote: »
    FARKING YEAHHHHHH BOY!!!!!!

Pwopa ordah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

I don't care that it's Chelsea as long as United didn't win 4 in a row! Don't worry, City will get their chance soon enough ;)

Funnily enough, I think most Utd fans would rather Chelsea win the title than Arsenal. A Chelsea victory doesn't come with a holier-than-thou attitude :P

#15 wrote: »
    Funnily enough, I think most Utd fans would rather Chelsea win the title than Arsenal. A Chelsea victory doesn't come with a holier-than-thou attitude :P

Funnily enough, it's no concern of mine what United fans would rather, but I think you may be wrong there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Funnily enough, it's no concern of mine what United fans would rather, but I think you may be wrong there!

Nein, it's all about an oft hidden mutual respect. Most united fans will admit eventually, that chelsea are worthy rivals at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Congrats Chelsea, time to collect...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Absolutely chuffed.

Can finally get my hair cut now :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

yup, must say they have been great for most of the season. ancellotti really has seemed to bring this team together nicely and playing extremely good football. I expect them to beat portsmouth too (sorry pompey fans :( ) so that will be a double in his first season without having gone out (himself) and spending a ton of money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Fully deserved it over the course of the season, delighted today. Delighted for Ancelotti, top manager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Best team in the Premier League this season, no one can question that. Didier Drogba, Frank Lampard and Florent Malouda all deserve a huge slice of the credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Watching Premier Soccer Sunday with my 7 year old boy and he just asked me " How come John Terry is allowed lift the trophy when he cheated on his wife?".
    At Chelsea the trophy would probably be left there if that precluded you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Well done Chelsea. Lampard, Malouda, Ashley Cole and of course the incomparable Drogba have been immense for ye this season. Ye won it in style and played some spectacular football when the pressure was put on and thus ye were deserving champions. Enjoy the celebrations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Up until the Villa game I didn't feel Chelsea were any better value for the league title than United were.
    They finished the season with a flourish and deserved to win the title in the end, even if over the majority of the season they were shaky and unimpressive.
    The huge scorelines over the last few weeks were impressive enough to merit them being champions in a season of general decline and lack of progression from their rivals.

In a way Chelsea were the best of a bad bunch of title contenders, but their free scoring end to the season lends and air of legitimacy to their triumph.

Overall the title was well deserved, even if it rankles with me that John Terry should ever succeed at anything in his life, his little remark about United having to sit and watch Chelsea celebrate after the game was a further illustration of how small minded and petty the man is. There is something to be said for being gracious in victory as well as defeat.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Well done Chelsea. Carlo seems like a decent manager. no time for Terry though. well done Drobga on the golden boot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Congratulations Chelsea. League table doesn't lie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Well done Chelsea.

I have to go and wash my mouth out now! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

More pleased for Ancelloti than for Chelsea as a club tbh. The guy is a class act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Saying congratulations today is a lot easier given that pretty much all United fans were mentally prepared for today's events (okay, not quite the mauling that Wigan got, but the same outcome).

I've seen posts to the effect that Ancellotti shouldn't be considered for MOTY because of the resources at his disposal. But it's easy to forget that this is almost an identical squad that looked so vulnerable under Scolari (iirc the only new additions were Turnbull, Sturridge and Zhirkov). To come into a new league and win the title (and be on course for a domestic double) is a fantastic achievement.

So well done Chelsea.

But we'll get that 4th in a row in 2014 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭SeanKev

Archimedes wrote: »
    Nice sly dig from Terry. Classy guy, Ive always maintained that.

Irony. :rolleyes:
    Congratulations Chelsea, deservedly Champions.

I saw Ashley Cole interviewed there on MOTD. He said he came to Chelsea to win things and maybe now people will not question why he signed for them.

I'd rather he just stfu rather than trying to insult people's intelligence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

so much for their "ageing squad" and the "African cup of nations will feck them up"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

They stumbled a bit during the year but they finished top of the pile and as such are worthy champions. To score over 100 goals is really some record. Comhghairdeas Chelsea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Lukker- wrote: »
    Absolutely chuffed.

Can finally get my hair cut now :pac:

Hey !, you got that superstition as well ???

I hadn't shaved since the united game !!! some beard on me ... I was like
    this fella
    mel-gibson.jpg

Nice to have a shave after the game ...

the_monkey wrote: »
    Hey !, you got that superstition as well ???

I hadn't shaved since the united game !!! some beard on me ... I was like
    this fella
    mel-gibson.jpg

Nice to have a shave after the game ...

WHEN DID MEL GIBSON BECOME HOMELESS!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Well, I suppose I'll have to congratulate the boys in blue, so congratulations!

Not looking forward to the new opening titles on Premier Soccer Saturday next year though & seeing them celebrate with our trophy, week in week out. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement