Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Howth C&C

• 09-05-2010 6:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭

Hi guys just started playing with a new camera and pix.ie, was wondering what improvements I could have made to this image, taken at Howth Harbour!

1F9D8FA7722A48BD9285B8025AC1DAFF.jpg

Obviously, there a slight off-horizontality to the pier edge, but I like the rusty chain and the boats... Comments welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

Prenderb wrote: »
    Hi guys just started playing with a new camera and pix.ie, was wondering what improvements I could have made to this image, taken at Howth Harbour!

1F9D8FA7722A48BD9285B8025AC1DAFF.jpg

Obviously, there a slight off-horizontality to the pier edge, but I like the rusty chain and the boats... Comments welcome!

speaking as an amateur i'd add more to the top the next time you're there like i think the crop is too tight at the top. you should see more of the boats:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭hbr

It is a nice photo, but you were obviously torn between the rusty chain and the boats. Maybe if you turned the camera in its side or took a few steps back, you would have got a little more of both. It has surprisingly good depth of field for f/6.3. Is this a crop from a much bigger picture?

Good luck with the new K-x.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

@hbr, no it's the full frame! No cropping yet. I took a portrait of it, but from the same standpoint... It has a little more chain in it but the same boat crop issue. Also the quay's horizontality is worse!

93C0117F0AAB47B994F4882BAF8CAD4E.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭hbr

@hbr, no it's the full frame! No cropping yet. I took a portrait of it, but from the same standpoint... It has a little more chain in it but the same boat crop issue.

There isn't much to choose between then. I think I prefer the second one.
    You could get dirty knees and elbows if you went a bit lower for the shot.
    Also the quay's horizontality is worse!

No problem, just drag the boat mooring a couple of metres to the left.

Advertisement