Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

house sale - does this sound fishy ?

Options
  • 09-05-2010 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭

im not buying , but came across this on irishtimes and thought it well weird ?

http://www.dng.ie/search_detailed_result.cfm?ID=1002596&pos=2

• Please note that the Executor is a staff member of DNG.
    • This house is currently detached but will become a semi detached house, a new house will be built beside the chimney breast and will be attached at roof level, please ask selling agent for further details and see planning permission granted
    • Ref. D08A/1227
    so - it will devalue even more once you buy it cos its going semi ?

are these people nuts ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

What if someone buys it and decideds not to allow anyone to build next to it? Doesn't sound right to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Might get a better answer in the property and accomodation forum OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

AH -> Accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

It also states that it needs modernisation...I'd like to know where - the kitchen and living room seem up to spec!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

What if someone buys it and decideds not to allow anyone to build next to it?
    bytey wrote: »
    • Ref. D08A/1227

How do they stop them? Permission has been granted.

• Advertisement

juke wrote: »
    How do they stop them? Permission has been granted.

Maybe the current owner didn't object.. Surely the permission would be reconsidered if the new owner objected... I mean, isn't it privately owned land?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Maybe the current owner didn't object.. Surely the permission would be reconsidered if the new owner objected... I mean, isn't it privately owned land?

I'm presuming, as the current owner is dead - that presumably s/he, or the executor, is the one who got the planning permission.

If you buy, you buy with the knowledge that the adjoining site will be developed. It will be a term of the contract.

juke wrote: »
    I'm presuming, as the current owner is dead - that presumably s/he, or the executor, is the one who got the planning permission.

If you buy, you buy with the knowledge that the adjoining site will be developed. It will be a term of the contract.

That makes sense :) Good luck to whoever buys it anyway, not something I'd touch with a bargepole!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I think they're waiting for the house to be bought, so they'll have the funds to build the new house. I'm thinking they got the house for free in a will, maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

over half a million euro for a house with small bedrooms and guaranteed months of noise and dirt all so that the property can be further devalued :o what planet are these people on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Planet 2006. Got to get onto that ladder folks before the bottom rung is pulled upwards and out of your grasp.

Advertisement