Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Old Bank Notes

Options
  • 09-05-2010 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

Hi does anyone know where i can change old irsh pound notes? I found a good few 20's and someone told me i can exchange them in the central bank dublin is this true (and if so what would the exchange rate be roughly). They are the 20's from just before the changeover to euro with Daniel O'Connell on them..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

I believe you can change them at the Central Bank, but I reckon you might get more for them on the likes of eBay!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

exchange rate is 1.27 you can also post them to central bank to exchange them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Stab*City wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know where i can change old irsh pound notes? I found a good few 20's and someone told me i can exchange them in the central bank dublin is this true (and if so what would the exchange rate be roughly). They are the 20's from just before the changeover to euro with Daniel O'Connell on them..

€1.00 = IE£ 0.787564

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Thanks for all your help everyone!!

Advertisement