Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pc world and currys

Options
  • 09-05-2010 7:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭

<rant>

Bought some reduced ocz ram from dundalk pc world a month ago. Just tested it on Fri and found that they were appearing as 1gb modules marked (with the offical ocz stickers) as 2gb.
    Went up to PC world liffey valley on saturday. Was told that I'd need to go to dundalk to get it sorted. I explained that then no one would buy from anywhere else other than thier local shop.
    After much dialogue, I was offered a refund. I explained a similar product was ore expensive, i'd like to have it repaired or a similar product replacement. The manager said that they do not repair memory modules, so all they will do is offer a refund.

On a similar note, a friend of mine bought something from a currys that was closing down at 50% off, it developed a fault, he asked liffey valley if they'd replace it, was told no, if they'd repair it, was told no, but that the would refund it.

Is it just me or has the customer service in Liffey Valley pc world and currys turned to cr*p?

on a note of a warning: if you do buy anything from pc world reduced: check it out then and there.

</rant>
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement