Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debs Date: Big Mistake

Options
  • 09-05-2010 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

There's probably no real solution to this problem but.....

I wanted to ask one of my best friends to the grad, but this guy from school asked her before me. After that, I wasnt sure who to ask, but then I left it too late and all the girls i knew well enough to bring were asked.

My last choice was this STUNNING looking girl I know from Dublin. She has some friends down here, but I dont think alot of them are going. So I asked her, and now i really regret it....

Although beautiful, she's quite annoying, and sitting at a table with my friends will probably be kinda awkward. Is there any way I can tell her I dont want to bring her anymore? Any white lies? I know, for basically anyone reading this, youre probably thinking Im a mean bastard, but please, I panicked, and now Im really worried....:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭gloryutd

Two options. Suck it up and go or tell her the truth. One's bad for you, the other is bad for her and you.

Who goes? YOU DECIDE!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

telling her her ass will look fat in watever dress would prob do it wouldnt go there haha.just tell her the truth and try get someone who ya get along with and will enjoy the night with.doesnt matter how they look as long as ya get along with them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

If you tell her you don't want to go her all the girls will probably think you're an asshole tbh. I've never heard of a good way of cancelling a debs date...especially since it was you that asked her. In my opinion, suck it up and learn from this mistake is the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

Bring her but dont have her sit at the table and dont let her talk.
    go for a walk ,bring her outside, find a corner and fill her mouth so she cant talk no matter how hard she tries!!!:D:D:D

(it worked for me!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Get a girlfiend, then you can say, i have a girlfriend i'm bringing her :P works perfectly

Or three simple words...

I
    Am
    Gay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Is it a little early to ask people to your debs? Apart from friends with boyfriends I don't anyone who has a date.
    On topic I'd say leave it a few weeks, find another girl who you get on well with and then explain to the other girl that you like the someone else and you want to ask her instead. Do it in a nice way though, if you can :cool:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Just go with her, it would be really mean to say no after you've asked her. She probably told her friends and family that she is going with you, and she will then have to tell everybody that she isn't going anymore because she effectively got 'dumped'.

My date for the debs (one of my best friends) has got a boyfriend since we decided to go together, but we are still going together to the debs. Although the boyfriend is probably going as well (he's my friend) - I hope I don't feel like a third wheel!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭frankymail

SUCK IT UP. It won't be that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

jumpguy wrote: »
    If you tell her you don't want to go her all the girls will probably think you're an asshole tbh. I've never heard of a good way of cancelling a debs date...especially since it was you that asked her. In my opinion, suck it up and learn from this mistake is the way to go.

This. You asked her to go, so just stop trying to get out of it and take her. Basic common decency aside, do you really think girls are going to be queuing up to go with someone who acting like such an ass to the last girl he invited?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Fake your own death....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,796 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

be aware OP that she could have already gotten a dress. Think carefully before you ask her not to go

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

My last choice was this STUNNING looking girl I know from Dublin. She has some friends down here, but I dont think alot of them are going. So I asked her, and now i really regret it....

Although beautiful, she's quite annoying, and sitting at a table with my friends will probably be kinda awkward.
    :D:D:D

Ya got a good looking girl who you know has a few mates going to the same debs as you: why do you think you'll be your friends table, and not her table? Or why not both?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

There's probably no real solution to this problem but.....

I wanted to ask one of my best friends to the grad, but this guy from school asked her before me. After that, I wasnt sure who to ask, but then I left it too late and all the girls i knew well enough to bring were asked.

Although beautiful, she's quite annoying, and sitting at a table with my friends will probably be kinda awkward. Is there any way I can tell her I dont want to bring her anymore? Any white lies? I know, for basically anyone reading this, youre probably thinking Im a mean bastard, but please, I panicked, and now Im really worried....:(

Tough ****. You asked her to go and she said yes. Unless you want to come across as a right prick, don't cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭GTE

Just get her bladdered damn quick. . . seriously. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

You won't even see your date after the meal and everyone mixes up!

But yeah I'm in the same boat - wish I asked a different girl I like more! :P Oh well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

If you seriously don't want to take her be out straight and let her know. There's no point ruining your night and hers by trying to ditch her every chance you get. Get to know her a bit more first and see if you still feel the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

My last choice was this STUNNING looking girl I know

Does. not. compute :confused::D:D
    Just go with her, it would be really mean to say no after you've asked her. She probably told her friends and family that she is going with you, and she will then have to tell everybody that she isn't going anymore because she effectively got 'dumped'.

Have to agree with this! You can't undo asking her at this stage without probably humiliating her and knocking your chances of getting another date. You just gotta suck it up and go with her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 goldenlady131

That's way harsh... she can't be that annoying that you can't handle her for one night can she?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

That's way harsh... she can't be that annoying that you can't handle her for one night can she?

like you can talk :L

anyways i say just go with her. you made your bed now lie in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

I'd go with her. It's really not a nice thing to be asked and then told "Oh actually, I don't really like you at all". You never know, you might start to get along with her on the night! And as you said yourself, all the other girls are taken anyway!

And look at it this way, it's just one day. 10, 5 or even 2 years from now you won't give a toss, only that you got a 'deadly boord' etc. for your debs! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭leavingcert

I think you should just ring her up and talk things through with her and tell her that it'll be awkward nd stuff and that you paniced and it's still a little early but would it be okay if you left it until a month before your debs until you decide coz right now you're head's ll over the place and you cant think straight and you need to have all the stress off you before you can think clearly again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Here obviously if she's stunning you can just get one of your mates to score her and then you wont have to deal with her! Simple as!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Debs are so stressful..not to mind expensive.. Dress, tan, tickets, hair, make up.. blah.

how much did ye guys pay for 2tickets or 1 ticket :P ?

to the OP, she is proberly delighted to have been asked to the debs and is excited about it.. getting a dress and all.. dont crush her!! Once you have taken the photos will her and eaten the meal everyone will be mingling so it will be grand.. relax and just enjoy it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 goldenlady131

MaggieNF wrote: »
    like you can talk :L

Who ARE you? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

Who ARE you? :eek:

I'm you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

cosmic....

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

ciano1 wrote: »
    Fake your own death....

Seems like your best option to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Lorrrrraine

If she has her dress then there is not way you can un-invite her, don't even think about it. If not, then tell her you're seeing a girl who never had her debs and you know would love to come to yours to make up for missing her own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

Bring her, my grads was a far from civilized affair. I have seen the girl I asked once since them, that's in 4 years. Go and have a ball! It'll be one of the best nights you've had so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭red herring

Doesn't sound like much of a problem, tbh. Its not like you have ''the love of your life'' on standby to bring to your debs instead. This girl sounds like a stunner, whats wrong with that?!
    chances are you're not going to find some girl whos best mates with all your friends. its a debs, people bring dates who don't know anyone at their table, pretty normal. And as for her being annoying, people get plastered at debs and are drunkenly annoying. she'll fit right in! :D She'll look good in the photos with you, and thats prob all you'll remember anyway in years to come you'll just see the photo of you and this hot girl and think ''yeah, go me!''

Quite apart from the fact it would be seriously unclassy and indecent to uninvite the girl!! - and then to bring someone else instead?! wayyy uncool.

Advertisement