Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debs Date: Big Mistake

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 goldenlady131

MaggieNF wrote: »
    I'm you
    Never :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 goldenlady131

Doesn't sound like much of a problem, tbh. Its not like you have ''the love of your life'' on standby to bring to your debs instead. This girl sounds like a stunner, whats wrong with that?!
    chances are you're not going to find some girl whos best mates with all your friends. its a debs, people bring dates who don't know anyone at their table, pretty normal. And as for her being annoying, people get plastered at debs and are drunkenly annoying. she'll fit right in! :D /QUOTE]

Exactly! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭FerrisBueller

Ah now ya can't tell her no after already inviting her. Then again see how the next few weeks go, what impression you pick up off her, etc cos she might be fairly nervous about going more than anything!

Also as everyone has said ye'll only be together for the dinner, after that everyone mixes up and you never know some of her friends might decide to go now knowing that she'll be there ;)

Debs/Grads aren't the be all and end all. They seem it now because you're in secondary school, once you hit college it's all about the college balls that are put on for different classes, etc and everyone learns at that stage to go in a group rather than have dates haha.

That being said it's funny that I've just seen this thread, I was just thinking a while ago about my grads when half my year invited girls way too early and then uninvited them. Needless to say a lot of them ended up inviting them AGAIN (making them look even more stupid) and ditching their dates. These are the guys that struggle to score in college!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

You could always get her to break up with you. Tell her that, instead of drinking or having fun, you will be deriving Cos(A+B) and other trigonometric identities (invite her to join in). That should do the trick.

In all seriousness - just go - it's one night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭0.M.GXX

I think that it is wayyy tooo last to cancel on her.. because she [prob got a dress and all that.. but I think that you should get her completely lushed before the grads/debs?..HAHA...
    and then it wont be your responsibity to mind her .. her friends (girls) will...
    and when there is drink involveed everyone will just loosen up.. so u'l have a great laugh...

But at the end of the day.. its your night so choose someone who u know you will have a good night with.. even if that means uninviting her as it will be well obvious if you dont want her there,,,

ENJOY:):):):):P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Am I the only one mildly disturbed by all the suggestions that OP gets this girl drunk off her face and then ditch her?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Lawliet wrote: »
    Am I the only one mildly disturbed by all the suggestions that OP gets this girl drunk off her face and then ditch her?

Nope, if he really doesn't want to take her he should let her know and end it before then or else both of their nights will be ruined. If I was the girl i'd prefer to know then to be brought out of pity and have everyone else know!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

If shes not from around, lie and tell her you've been seeing somebody else and you're really sorry etc etc! Sounds awful but chances are she's prob not too keen on going either and possibly said it out of politeness! Good luck! :)

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Do most people have a date at this stage? Most of my friends do. I still don't...

Most girls I know been asked already...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Everyone in my year had a date by the Christmas holidays...tis ridiculous, but nice to have it sorted by now I suppose :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭FerrisBueller

LC Results Night is generally a good time to ask at the v.latest! I got invited to 1 that week, another a few days before one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

LC Results Night is generally a good time to ask at the v.latest! I got invited to 1 that week, another a few days before one!

Not if your grad is before August.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

I'm sooo glad I'm not partaking in this grad bollocks this year. Biggest waste of time. Get pissed. Watch your mates get pissed. Get your dress ruined cus some a hole spills a drink all over it. Lovely. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

kev9100 wrote: »
    Tough ****. You asked her to go and she said yes. Unless you want to come across as a right prick, don't cancel.

Think It might be a bit late for that...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Tbh its YOUR night, if you want to bring somebody else then by all means you should. She'll proberly be pissed, but meh.

I only asked my friend a few weeks ago shes amazing looking and she has a boyf and she knows that if I have a GF by july or whatever that I'll be bring my GF. Made it very clear.

Yes, I am a prick:)

Advertisement