Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place to get rid of books in Kildare

Options
  • 09-05-2010 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi.

I have about 30 or 40 accounting/ computer networking / language studies / I.T/ etc books that I want to get rid of.

Can anyone suggest a place that I can get rid of them? I don't mind getting rid of them for nothing, but if there is somewhere that takes them and gives money for them, i wont say no.

All the books are in petty good condition.

Cheers.

JM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭asgaard

All of them might have library (new one in Eurospar building).

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭32finn

+1 for the library, im sure they would be very appreciative of them. I think there is also a bookstore in newbridge ( accross from football grounds ) that takes second hand books

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I'm sure NUI Maynooth would take them off your hands but they probably wouldn't pay you anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 932 ✭✭✭paddyland

I've a ton of books to get rid of too, novels, biographies, history, hardbacks, everything. Mostly mint, except for a few second hand that were bad when I got them. I'm strapped for cash so prefer not to just give them away. Any second hand shops in Kildare that might give me a few bob for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SueWho

I always find you get so little money selling second hand books to shops- you'd probably be better off selling them to someone directly through buy and sell.

If you want to do a good deed I know Naas hospital has a books shop where you donate the books and they sell them- think the profits are for the hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sue_j

SueWho wrote: »

If you want to do a good deed I know Naas hospital has a books shop where you donate the books and they sell them- think the profits are for the hospital.

Hi SueWho
    I just noticed this post and wondered would you know if you can just drop up to Naas Hospital with the books or do you have to contact someone there first?
    I have a heap of books that I want to get rid of and the second hand bookstores don't seem to be buying books in at the moment - they might as well go to a good cause!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SueWho

I'm afraid I don't know- I'd say you just wander in and they'll point you in the right direction- they wouldn't look a gifthorse in the mouth anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

paddyland wrote: »
    I've a ton of books to get rid of too, novels, biographies, history, hardbacks, everything. Mostly mint, except for a few second hand that were bad when I got them. I'm strapped for cash so prefer not to just give them away. Any second hand shops in Kildare that might give me a few bob for them?

A decent car boot market or a book fair would be your best bet.

Other alternative is chapters in Abbey street, dublin.

Shop in newbridge is having closing down sale. - so doubt if thats any good

Advertisement