Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tile and wooden flooring

Options
  • 09-05-2010 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone know any good bargains in flooring?

I need 52 yds2 oak engineered 18mmx 5mm x125mm.(these sizes are approx as i found some places sold diff sizes)

Also need:

22 yds2 Cream porcelain glossy tiles 600mm x 600mm (2ft x 2ft)

Also need bathroom and kitchen tiles but the above are the majority quantities.

All help appreciated.

Regards,

Kieran

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Try Iwins in Castleblayney, they're known to have some of the keenest prices. Just ring them and look for a price and see if you can get it anywhere cheaper. That's what I did on solid wood flooring and I couldn't get it any cheaper and I tried lots of places. They also sell all sorts of tiles.

Only snag is you'll have to go and collect the flooring as they don't deliver.

I've no connection with Irwins apart from beind a past customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭jc77

was looking at this site yesterday for gardening stuff, they are a building materials provider also. No prices on the site, but have a location in cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

Hi, have you looked into getting the tiles from the North? We got quoted €5000 to tile our kitchen alone here... We rented a van, went to Newry and came back with the same tiles for €1100, and that included tiles for our bathroom aswell! Some serious savings to be made

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭kmb

Thanks guys for the links.
    Looks like i really need to get north and south prices.

I will let ye know how i get on.

Keep the suggestions coming.

Anyone know a good carpenter and a tiler in the cork area?

Regards,

Kieran

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyBananas

Maybe

http://www.floors2go.co.uk/

in Newry or Derry.

I bought my laminate there a few years ago. It was good stuff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement