Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP - recommend me some games.

Options
  • 09-05-2010 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

I have a new PSP and am looking for some game recommendations. I've never had a PSP so I haven't really been following what is good for the system.

I've downloaded demos of LBP, God of War, MotorStorm and Wipeout. I'm going to buy LBP I'd say. Are there any other good games out there? I'm fond of platformers and racing games with combat, i.e. Wipeout, Mario Kart.

I'm also a little torn about whether to download from the PSN or buy UMDs. Sometimes the downloads are cheaper than the UMD equivalent but I do like to have the disc/packaging for my collection.

Edit:

Anyone played any of the Pro Evolution Soccer games on the PSP? Are they good ports or nowhere near as good as the console versions?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Well both Wipeout games should be a no brainer (I preferred Pulse a little bit, but they're both much of a muchness really)

Ratchet and Clank: size matters is supposed to be a decent enough platformer, but for some reason I haven't tried it yet despite loving the PS3 games...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Oo..

loco roco is def a good buy for the psp if you like ones like LBP. only 10e used in gamestop too!! :D try the demos off psn store.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you want a good strategy RPG there's no beating Final Fantasy Tactics and Jeanne D'Arc (you'll have to import the later but it is worth it).

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

LocoRoco
    LocoRoco 2
    Patapon
    Patapon 2
    Crisis Core
    Star Ocean First Departure
    Star Ocean Second Evolution
    Half Minute Hero
    Breath of Fire 3
    Tales of Eternia
    Daxter
    Ratchet and Clank Size Matters
    Final Fantasy Tactics: War Of The Lions
    God of War Chains of Olympus
    Metal Slug Anthology
    Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
    Sega Mega Drive Collection
    Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
    Every Extend Extra
    Brave Story: New Traveler
    Shin Megami Tensei Persona
    Lumines
    Class of Heroes
    Crimson Gem Saga
    Gitaroo Man Lives!
    Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 (when it comes out)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

I have a couple of the pro evo games.
    Not as good as on their bigger brother, but good nonetheless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

kellsred wrote: »
    I have a couple of the pro evo games.
    Not as good as on their bigger brother, but good nonetheless

I agree. I bought PES 2008 for 6.99. It's not bad but being used to the console version it is hard to get into. Judging it purely against other handheld football games though and it is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

God Of War Chains Of Olympus is a must. Ratchet Size Matters and Secret Agent Clank are also great fun and...believe it or not...Rock Band on the PSP is awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

niallon wrote: »
    God Of War Chains Of Olympus is a must. Ratchet Size Matters and Secret Agent Clank are also great fun and...believe it or not...Rock Band on the PSP is awesome!

I played the GoW demo and was very impressed at what they could do on the PSP. I'm just after finishing GoW III so not really in the mood for more of the same.

I like the Ratchet & Clank games on the PS3 so I might give that one a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

Another vote for God Of War Chains Of Olympus. And Tekken Dark Resurrection.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

Peace Walker!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Crash Bandicoot 3 from the psn,

like a 5'r but worth it.

If you like karting the new modnation racers is supposed to be good. Better on Ps3 but it transfers ok to the psp.

http://ie.psp.ign.com/articles/108/1088504p1.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Would second recommendations of Jeanne D'Arc, Half-Minute Hero (such a clever little game) and LocoRoco.

Not for everyone, but my favourite game on the PSP is Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness. A strange, funny strategy RPG, the focus on constant levelling and stats isn't for everyone, but it has a crazy amount of depth.

Advertisement