Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Radio One Night on BBC 2 starts at 9 pm

• 09-05-2010 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Tonight! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

I haven't got the listings in front of me. What else has it to do with Radio 1 other then Moyles' documentary (Which I'm well looking forward to)???

Edit: Don't answer that. Just realised I was on the internet and could check the BBC site. Looks like a good night for us Radio 1 lovers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Blood on the Carpet(Documentary)
    BBC 2 London
    Sunday, May 9th, 2010
    10:00pm to 10:40pm(Other show times...)

Walking with Disc Jockeys. Documentary series about corporate battles. When Matthew Bannister was appointed Controller of BBC Radio 1, his plans to make the station cool again began with the ousting of a number of long-serving DJs. But they would not go quietly, and millions of listeners were lost. Bannister thought he had found a saviour in new DJ Chris Evans, but when he also departed he left the managers with only each other to fight.

Smashie and Nicey: The End of an Era(Comedy)
    BBC 2 London
    Sunday, May 9th, 2010
    10:40pm to 11:25pm(Other show times...)

Spoof documentary about Fab FM's most eminent DJs, Dave Nice and Mike Smash. Top pop celebs pay tribute to the 'poptabulous' duo's outstanding contribution to British rock and pop history, and the programme charts their rise to stardom through a series of searching in-depth interviews and rare archive footage from the last 40 years.

Wogan(Entertainment)
    BBC 2 London
    Sunday, May 9th, 2010
    11:25pm to 12:00am(Other show times...)

Radio 1 20th Anniversary Special.
    Terry Wogan hosts a chat show celebrating the 20th birthday of Radio 1. With guests John Peel, Tony Blackburn, Bruno Brookes, Janice Long, Mike Smith, Dave Cash, David Symonds, Ed Stewart, Pete Murray, Carl Wayne and Johnny Hates Jazz.

The Radio One Story(Documentary)
    BBC 2 London
    Monday, May 10th, 2010
    12:00am to 12:55am(Other show times...)

A celebration of one of the nation's favourite radio stations, Radio 1, chronicling the station's triumphs and scandals, and using rare archive footage as well as contemporary interviews with DJs, pop stars, backroom staff and fans to illustrate the station's history. Narrated by David Essex.

Only 7 mins away YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Why is it Radio 1 night? Is it their birthday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The Moyles documentary will be good

<now now>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

was dissapointed in that they were all on before and hopelessly out of date - the radio one story was from 1997 ffs.....

was dissapointed in that they were all on before and hopelessly out of date - the radio one story was from 1997 ffs.....

Moyles' one was new!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I loved the bit on Wogan where they were showing off their studios

"All our new jingles are on CD's - we are the first in Europe!"

Then 'Johnny Hates Jazz' played live, It felt like I'd done a 'Life on Mars' and gone back to 1987.

Apart from Moyles, everything else was mostly from the early nineties Bannister years, all repeats but still interesting.

2FM could do with someone like Bannister to drag it into the 21st Century.

SkidMark wrote: »
    I loved the bit on Wogan where they were showing off their studios

"All our new jingles are on CD's - we are the first in Europe!"

Then 'Johnny Hates Jazz' played live, It felt like I'd done a 'Life on Mars' and gone back to 1987.

Apart from Moyles, everything else was mostly from the early nineties Bannister years, all repeats but still interesting.

2FM could do with someone like Bannister to drag it into the 21st Century.

2FM need a miracle and would have to improve by at least 7000000000002000008 times to be anywhere NEAR BBC Radio 1!!!

It's mad to believe 21 million people used to listen to Tony Blackburn's show on radio 1. Gah. He's cool.

Moyles is king! WOOOOOOO!

Advertisement