Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whippet help?

Options
  • 09-05-2010 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi folks.i have an 8 week old whippet pup and today i let her out to the garden for a few mins to play,i then noticed she was holding one of her back legs up, when she came inside about an hour ago she started tap her foot on the ground and trying to bite it,she is bouncing around the floor like a mad thing,racing up and down the room, she is clearly sore and i feel like i cant do anything, i have bathed her feet and checked for thorns etc but nothing seems to be there,the pads the sore foot like much redder in colur than the other, she is whimpering like mad,does anyone know what might have caused this and what should i do,i feel so sorry for her.Thanks
    E

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Is there something in the garden that she could have stood on that has irritated it. I would advise you to bring her to the vet tomorrow to get it checked out.

Have you got a crate you can put her in to keep her quiet? dont let her outside now unless shes on the lead in case she runs around again and hurts it even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Everett

andreac wrote: »
    Is there something in the garden that she could have stood on that has irritated it. I would advise you to bring her to the vet tomorrow to get it checked out.

Have you got a crate you can put her in to keep her quiet? dont let her outside now unless shes on the lead in case she runs around again and hurts it even more.

There are some nettles at the edge of the garden, thats all really, i was wondering would she have stood on a wasp or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

the nettles could have done it possibly. Whippets are very sensitive little things so could have possibly just got stung by the nettles/

Maybe try a little sudocrem on the paw to help soothe the stinging until you get to the vet.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭LisaO

How's she doing today? Sounds like nettle stings - nettles are thriving now & the new shoots can sting a lot (was gardening yesterday & am still feeling effects of nettles today!)

We used to have a lab who suffered badly from nettle rash on his paws. Would take him for walk to local woods & then he would spend rest of the evening leaping around, thumping his feet off the floor & licking them!

• Advertisement

LisaO wrote: »
    evening leaping around, thumping his feet off the floor & licking them!

That was exactly it, she grand now, no bothers.
    Thanks

Advertisement