Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi fairs in Belfast

Options
  • 09-05-2010 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Can someone help me out here.

I have to get from Belfast city to Knockbracken health care park in Saintfield road can anyone tell me what a taxi will cost me?

Or anyone have local taxi numbers for Belfast?

Cheers. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mackthefinger

Are you going from the city centre?

There's a bus goes from the Europa bus station - the number 18 as far
    as I know. Pretty frequent throughout the day.

Lots of taxis outside bus and train stations. Knockbracken is about
    15 minutes from city centre - you should probably just check with the
    driver first.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

Based on what a typical taxi costs me home from the city centre (I'm not too far from Knockbracken) - I'd allow about £8 one way. I'd certainly be surprised if it was over a tenner.

As for cabs, the biggest ones are Valucabs and Fonacab - numbers if your using a southern mobile would be 0044 28 90809080 or 0044 28 90333333.

The black taxis are apparently dearer and afaik they're technically the only ones licenced to lift non pre-booked fares off the street, so probably best to book.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭houndsoflove

Thanks lads. Here was me thinking it would cost be £40 etc... We are fleeced down here in the south with taxi's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

As for cabs, the biggest ones are Valucabs and Fonacab - numbers if your using a southern mobile would be 0044 28 90809080 or 0044 28 90333333.

The black taxis are apparently dearer and afaik they're technically the only ones licenced to lift non pre-booked fares off the street, so probably best to book.

048 90809080 or 048 90333333

cost of a regular national call :)

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Paul4As

Both Fonacab and Valuecabs have the same fare structure you can find from their website...minimum fare £3 with it being £3 for the first 0.7 miles then £1.15 per mile thereafter!!!
    If you go on to googlemap and find the distance you can do the maths!:)
    I think in the Republic they charge you extra depending on the amount of passengers...definitely stroked down there!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭houndsoflove

Don't mention the word maths! :eek: Thats one of the tests i have and i'm useless at maths.

No down here it don't depend on the number of passangers we still get fleeced. :o

Advertisement