Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new actifry

Options
  • 09-05-2010 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭

our old actifry has packed in after 2 and a half years,had problems with it like so many other people if reading online is anything to go by,but we are missing it already and am hoping the newer ones are made of sterner stuff.Has anyone seen any good value on these online or in stores,paid 200 for ours back then.

Comments

tipptom wrote: »
    our old actifry has packed in after 2 and a half years,had problems with it like so many other people if reading online is anything to go by,but we are missing it already and am hoping the newer ones are made of sterner stuff.Has anyone seen any good value on these online or in stores,paid 200 for ours back then.

I've seen them advertised in did recently for 149.
    I wouldnt be impressed if it only lasted two years at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

yea,we have had problems with the lid catches dropping of after two months,they replaced the lid,now the paddle has shorn of,they dont seem able for their own heat,a lot of them actually went on fire,tried tefal,told them they should stand by something thats not fit for purpose,no joy,where did you see it for 149.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭dogeyknees

Hey tom, hope this helps... where did you buy the original Actifry?

http://www.buy4now.ie/DID/Product/FZ700015TEFAL%20ACTIFRY%20WHITE/16450/413

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

dogeyknees wrote: »
    Hey tom, hope this helps... where did you buy the original Actifry?

http://www.buy4now.ie/DID/Product/FZ700015TEFAL%20ACTIFRY%20WHITE/16450/413

DID price 149

Argos price 199
    http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=30001&catalogId=1500002201&langId=-1&searchTerms=actifry

As usual, local Irish retailer is cheaper than UK multiple.

yea,i see the one in argos,they have not dropped their price since they came out first,bought my first one in fitzgearlds in limerick,they were slightly cheaper than the rest at the time.Think d.i.d are only in dublin though.thanks for links.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭dogeyknees

Hey Tom, DID will deliver all over Ireland and its only 10 euro delivery so its still 40 squids less than Argos!

thanks,didnt know they delivered,might be the way to go,just hope they have improved the product,i think tefals licence is nearly up for this,maybe someone might take it on that will build it with decent parts

Advertisement