Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black Merida got stolen near to the Main POst Office

• 09-05-2010 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

HEllo All ,

Today around 16.00pm my bike got stolen just next to Pennyes ( o'connel street ), there is a parking area for the bikes, there is 3 security cameras ,but non of them monitoring the Parking Bikes there, thr Gardai told me , such a shame , and usually there is a Officer at the Post , but it doesnt mean anything the bike costed me 400 euros only 2 months old. If any 1 see it somewhere pls contact me or the Gardai :)

DOnt PARK THERE !!!

They even managged to take my bike with the lock. ( i had that flexi curvy lock , dont buy them they probably have a sets of master keys to open these locks ):mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

yoshx wrote: »
    ( i had that flexi curvy lock , dont buy them they probably have a sets of master keys to open these locks ):mad:
    More likely a boltcutter. Those spiral locks are not worth sh1t. You'd have been better off tying it up with a bit of thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭yoshx

can i sue the company who sold me that **** lock ?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭avalanche

sorry to hear it fella, bad luck, how great would it be to have a private parking with security for bikes in dublin, im sure people would pay a pound a pop no bother just for the security element. they have a great system in holand with bike parking and bike repairs in the one place, great and logical idea.

regarding those spiral locks, they really shouldnt sell them as they just catch out unknowing buyers and are like an advertisement to bike thieves. you can open them by justing pulling the bike away from whatever it is locked to, ive seen it done by a bunch of knacks at the bustop outside laser video shop in camden street, there were people at the bustop as well but everyone was too afraid of them to do anything, i was in a taxi going the other way but a group of 7 or so is pretty intimidating..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

I spent 35 quid on a big heavy bbb chain when I got my bike. Since then it has (in my absence) been hit with a hammer, had someone try to use a screwdriver to turn the bit where the key goes in, had someone have a go at it with a hacksaw, had someone try to twist the bike to twist the chain off (****ers dented my frame there but not too badly, just superficial) - anyway so far they've not got my bike so I'm going to go ahead and say its up there with the best purchases i've ever made!

Its heavy as a priests conscience but walking sucks more.

If you have a nice bike scroats are going to try and steal it - you really do have to spend a proper amount on a proper chain.

That said sorry for your loss, try getting in touch with every bike shop you can find in dublin and giving them the serial number, can you claim on house insurance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

yoshx wrote: »
    can i sue the company who sold me that **** lock ?

LOL.

Where did you lock the bike to the frame. It was a easy picking from what I can tell, I park my bike there alot, albeit with a Kryptonite faghettaboudit, bike has never been touched.

My guess was It was a junkie, and your bike has been sold on. Although that place on caple ST could be worth a shot..

Advertisement