Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24 hour library

Options
  • 09-05-2010 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Is there any 24 hour library's in Limerick?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Nope. The opening hours of what is there is quite poor, so hoping for a 24 hour library is wishful thinking I'm afraid.

Whilst there are a number of smaller library facilities dotted around the city and county, the two main ones are in the Granary, and in Dooradoyle beside the Crescent Shopping Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭leedsfan88

Kess73 wrote: »
    Nope. The opening hours of what is there is quite poor, so hoping for a 24 hour library is wishful thinking I'm afraid.

Whilst there are a number of smaller library facilities dotted around the city and county, the two main ones are in the Granary, and in Dooradoyle beside the Crescent Shopping Centre.

I heard someone mention a 24 hour library out the Castletroy side of the city, or is that just a UL one?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

leedsfan88 wrote: »
    I heard someone mention a 24 hour library out the Castletroy side of the city, or is that just a UL one?

Have no idea to be honest, but it would make sense if UL had a 24 hour facility for it's students, but in terms of public libraries there is no 24 hour one in Limerick to the best of my knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

UL is only 14.5 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

The UL library isn't 24hrs either. Closes at 11pm on weekdays which is the latest it stays open.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

You'd struggle to find a pharmacy that's open beyond 9, or a petrol station past 11.
    The Garda stations and Tesco in the Crescent are the only 24hour anything (legal) in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

i could really do with a 24 hour library with the exams this week, LIT closed last monday which caused havock for myself and a few of my friends..so silly! and the chances of Limerick city library to open late is smashed as there is a night club next door! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Huskora

24 Hour library would be very helpfull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Nearly certain UCC used to open 24hour for a period leading up to the exams. Handy alright if you were sharing a house with wasters...

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gymsey

The main building in UL is open 24hrs as far as I know. Only entrance and exit is through the Main Entrance, opposite the Library, referred to as the ski slopes. There's usually a security van outside it watching the door but as long as you dont look like you're going in to rob stuff you should get in no worries.
    There's loads of rooms that can be used to study, the B block canteen turns into a bit of a library after 11pm during exam time.

Now wait for the droves of people saying UL facilities are for UL students only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭jc77

CUH library in cork is 24hr. Perhaps the hospital libraries here might be the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

The main building in ul is open 24 hours to facilitate the architecture course who are in there at all hours my OH is one thus i know

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭froodie

sioda wrote: »
    The main building in ul is open 24 hours to facilitate the architecture course who are in there at all hours my OH is one thus i know

It's been open 24 hours since LONG before there was ever an architecture course in UL.

OP, If you're just going in for a bit of a study, you shouldn't have a problem. There are some vending machines in the cafeteria in the B1 block too, to keep you going through the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭leedsfan88

froodie wrote: »
    It's been open 24 hours since LONG before there was ever an architecture course in UL.

OP, If you're just going in for a bit of a study, you shouldn't have a problem. There are some vending machines in the cafeteria in the B1 block too, to keep you going through the night.

Savage, I'm not a UL student, but will that be an issue, because smelly lit library is the loudest place in Limerick and closes at 9 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

Not really. You're never asked for ID or anything when you go in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

Savage, I'm not a UL student, but will that be an issue, because smelly lit library is the loudest place in Limerick and closes at 9 :mad:

i second this, was studying in the library yesterday morning and the fcukin fire alarm goes off (someone opened the back door), i actually nearly shat myself from fright!

Advertisement