Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabinteely/Loughlinstown dual carriageway catatonia?

Options
  • 09-05-2010 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭

To the car drivers on the Cabinteely/Loughlinstown dual carriageway who insist on travelling below 60 Kph (in good conditions and with no-one in front of them): the speed limit has been 80 (except for buses) for quite a while. If you really must continue with this could you stay in the left lane to let the rest of us drive around you, please? Pretty please? Gaah!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

God they are such a liability! The traffic in the 'slow' lane passes them by, while the traffic behind them in the 'fast' lane tries to weave the traffic to get past them and back into the 'fast' lane!

Although often I have looked at the offending car and usually the driver is an 80 or 90 year old man, I'm a bit more understanding then. Often they get in the 'fast' lane too far in advance if they have to take a right turn..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

To my shame I gave a brief flash of my lights behind one today for what may have been the first time in my life, and it worked(!) I'm becoming a monster. Bwahahaha...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

To my shame I gave a brief flash of my lights behind one today for what may have been the first time in my life, and it worked(!) I'm becoming a monster. Bwahahaha...

for shame nothing. Its the best solution, obviously being better than undertaking or tailgaiting. Maybe they'll even learn something

for shame nothing. Its the best solution, obviously being better than undertaking or tailgaiting. Maybe they'll even learn something

(Wrongly or wrongly I gleefully undertake in these situations if I get the chance, i.e. when I'm not stuck behind 2 cars driving side-by-side at exactly the same slow speed)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

OP, unfortunately boards only allows me to thank you once, but i would thank you a thousand times if i could.

what really pisses me off is the ones who see you flash, or get frustrated and then slow down to make what they see as being a point. When the current course of "How to use a roundabout" adverts finishes, they could do with a few "How to drive on a two or three lane road" adverts.

• Advertisement

OP, unfortunately boards only allows me to thank you once, but i would thank you a thousand times if i could.

Thanks Fred, although I’m under no illusion that anyone from my target audience is likely to read it, so it’s mainly just me ranting!

When the current course of "How to use a roundabout" adverts finishes, they could do with a few "How to drive on a two or three lane road" adverts.

I think it’s stuck in a loop, er, as it were. To be honest, I don’t think either that advert or the rules of the road booklet are sufficiently detailed on roundabouts, though, as there are a huge number of configurations re numbers of entry and exit roads and lanes per road, and I think a lot of people (myself included) are not clear exactly what to do for all of them. If they ever do get around to replacing it, that would indeed be a good topic, although one of many.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

RosieJoe wrote: »

Thanks, but this link just gives me a message that I "do not have permission to access this page", and I can't seem to ind that thread by searching

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Thanks, but this link just gives me a message that I "do not have permission to access this page", and I can't seem to ind that thread by searching

Sorry, see here on how to get access to the form:

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Sorry, see here on how to get access to the form:

Thanks RosieJoe, I'll keep this in mind for the future (don't really want to go through the whole permission-to-join thing at the moment ;)).

I see there's a similar lane-use thread on the Motors forum now also (and I know there have been related threads in the past), but I feel there may be some value to posting in a public forum for a particular geographical area re a problem that may relate partly to inadequate perception of a recent speed-limit change.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 iSoap

After driving in Italy for 3 months, Irish drivers seem 10 times slower than Americans.

iSoap wrote: »
    After driving in Italy for 3 months, Irish drivers seem 10 times slower than Americans.

Yes, although there are quite a few situations on our roads where I don’t think it’s safe to do the speed limit, and I act accordingly (in the left lane when on a DC or motorway), there does seem to be a lot of slow driving that I can’t doesn’t make much sense to me.

Advertisement