Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Enniscorthy Strawberry Half

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭8ofSpades

4 stars (good)
    Sorry to hear you didn't reach your goal 8ofspades, if I'd known you were a boardsie I'd have dragged yer along by the scruff of the neck.

Ah not to worry, I dont think there was much you could do.
    I think I was surprised just how quickly I went from feeling fresh to feeling wasted.

I didnt have the amount of training under my belt that I had hoped for before running this due to injuries. Probably no surprise then that I crumbled after 8 miles which was the length of my longest LSR pre race.

Just as well I have rainbow to whip me in to shape on the DCM novices thread

Chip time of 2:16:05 officially

It was my first half so gives me something to aim for in my next one altho the goal will still be sub 2 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Daithi BC

3 stars (average)
    Did no one tell them they're not supposed to be running on their own? :pac:

There are 80 or 90 people just out of shot to the left. You can tell, because VR is getting worried that we're going to get run over by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭8ofSpades

4 stars (good)
    would have been great to have the boards tech shirt for this yesterday.

Does anyone know if this is going to be an annual event or a one off?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Hi all,
    new to this. did the half marathon in enniscorthy yesterday-my first!it was tough going but made all the better by the lovely lady who paced us slow kids all the way round. it was just a training run for her but for us newbies she helped us enormously. she uses this site and her husband paced the 1.45. she may not have ballons on yest but she was brillant for us and helped us get round in a decent time for us. thanks to her!!
    really enjoyed it and thought the pacers were a great idea.

That was me:D. Thanks wannabee, though I think I was more thankful for the company and the distraction!! You guys played a blinder.
    Maybe I'll see ye again at the next one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

3 stars (average)
    4739601148_03d078a77d.jpg

Caption competition:
    VR: What are those big round things following me? I thought I lost them hours ago. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

4 stars (good)
    Caption competition:

VR: Daithi - you grab as many strawberries as you can I'll hold them off.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

4 stars (good)
    I actually like how they both matched their shoes to their tops. Very suave!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

3 stars (average)

Caption competition:
    DBC- "Betcha can't do an impression of a rubiks cube"

VR <twists topways>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

3 stars (average)

Caption competition:
    VR: "Is that kid eating chocolate?"

4 stars (good)
    Caption competition:

VR: "Look! Running sideways is more aerodynamic!"

• Advertisement

4 stars (good)
    http://www.actionphotography.ie/galleries/2010-06-27-SHM/events-SHM062010-1.html

DP to himself: Now.. was it right over left or left over right to tie a knot. Where is KC when I need him?

4 stars (good)
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=4444217&id=139295559066

DP to Cormac.. "I given myself 2 reminders to meet my missus at 1:45"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Caption competition:
    VR: "Is that kid eating chocolate?"

Have ye no sweet shops in enniscorthy ?? No one person handed me a sweet. I must have asked 5 people. When it comes to sweets i dont mess. I thought it was the tax man taking photos so he aint going to see my face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

36360_405719919066_139295559066_4444217_5596141_n.jpg

DP to Cormac.. "I given myself 2 reminders to meet my missus at 1:45"

Wanted to tag RQ in a few of those but it wouldn't let me :( She deffo wouldn't appreciate it :p
    37453_405720964066_139295559066_4444281_7124636_n.jpg

'Damned babysitter never showed up'.

She was flying along, as she passed me the kid was kicking off and she was telling him something about 'after the run', he wasn't impressed!

Heard a classic one from a husband and wife couple coming around the last corner:
    HER:"Are you ready to sprint?!"
    HIM:"NO!!"

PS. Can you stop posting photos now?! It's been a long day and I need sleep...

4 stars (good)
    I guess she didn't hear about the no MP3 rule. Whatever about the no kids in pram rule (if there is one).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

4 stars (good)
    This is one amazing woman! I got talking to her in the hotel before the race. When she runs DCM 2010, it'll be her 100th marathon :eek: She took up running when she was 49. She's 74 (she looks nowhere near her age!). Fair dues to her!

36708_405723604066_139295559066_4444431_2286976_s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭marrona

Emer911 wrote: »
    That was me:D. Thanks wannabee, though I think I was more thankful for the company and the distraction!! You guys played a blinder.
    Maybe I'll see ye again at the next one?

emer, i can't believe you're a real person!! i thought you were a guardian angel sent from god to guide me through the race/ a dehydration-induced mirage

Advertisement