Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor - Possible to allow friend take over contract while retaining my number?

Options
  • 09-05-2010 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭

Anybody know if meteor allow this type of thing? Am thinking of letting a friend take over my contract so I can go back to pay as you go. Would they have a problem with this?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

They'd probably lose out on money if they did that, so I couldn't imagine them allowing it. As it is, you have to pay and finish out your contract, and your friend will have to get a contract of their own. If they allowed your friend to take over, they'd only keep getting the amount you pay on billpay a month, plus whatever you spend on credit (no doubt less than you'd pay on a contract). That's all just speculation on my part though.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Your friend would be able to take over the contract but they would have to keep the number :(. The contract is assigned to that phone number.

Advertisement